3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Spring Training Begins  (Read 759 times)

Offline LUCKY MAN

• Trad Bowhunter
Spring Training Begins
« on: January 08, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »
Today is the first day of SPRING TRAINING as I prepare for next Fall deer season. Our season ended yesterday and I spent the evening in the Davy Crockett National Forest hoping for the chance ata buck, a great evening but no deer sighted.

I got up early today, a crisp 36 degrees when I left the house heading for the lease, spent the morning pulling 5 loc-on stands and the afternoon looking them over and replacing hradware and getting ready to paint those that need it.

I plan on scouting new territory in the next few weeks, going to strictly hunt PUBLIC land next year, getting off the lease.

Have several hunts planned, January to San Angelo for rabbits and a February and March trip to McMullen County for javelina and hogs.

Will shoot 3-D this Summer and hopefully make it to Michigan for the Compton shoot in June.

A busy Spring Training session ahead, counting the days until Fall.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way
you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Offline Txjourneyman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Spring Training Begins
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
I saw a number of deer in the Angelina NF on the FS roads near Boykin Springs. I was out there trying to scout turkeys. PM me if you want my FS map of the area. I will mark where I saw the deer including a nice 8pt. Its too far for me to deer hunt regularly. My lease is only 20 minutes away. Lufkin is 2 hours.

Offline Txjourneyman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
Oh BTW, I have a topo map as well as the FS map.

Offline just_a_hunter

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »
I've hunted the Lufkin, Nacagdoches area many times. I love it down there. Beautifull!!

Todd
"Before you get down on yourself  because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Offline LUCKY MAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
Just A Hunter, are you from here ? It is a nice place with plenty of woods, I feel like Lewis and Clark sometimes as there is so much land to tromp around on.

I bet Colorado is nice in early Fall, I'm hoping to come that way to chase elk soon.

ROOTER
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way
you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©