3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who Had a Good time? What would you change?  (Read 384 times)

Offline Jeff Hren-Renegade

• Trad Bowhunter
Who Had a Good time? What would you change?
« on: June 22, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
Alright made it back from Comptons!! It Was a Great time for the most part, but I Personally had a few issues! As Vendor coordinator I Guess it goes with the territory!!!
 First & Foremost Thank you To Berrien Springs sportsmans Club for all there Help! And Thank You Compton Board for all you Do!!!!
 For The first time in 4 yrs I actually got to shoot!!! It was Great!!! Got to try out a Couple of bows! it was fun!!
   Here is the question. Did You Have a Good time? What would you change if you could?

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who Had a Good time? What would you change?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
Jeff,

Same as you.....first and foremost I want to thank the Berrien Springs Sportsmans Club for allowing this to be held at their facilities. The Compton Board, for organizing and putting on what I call the BEST traditional gathering that I have had the priveledge to attend. It is-and-was, a true pleasure to see these people out there......some with rain gear on, some without doing what needs to be done. We were under the main facilities canopy on Friday evening when the "monsoon" swept through and were first hand witness' to the kind of people that put this event on. I'm sure it is in many ways a "thank-less" job, and my hats are off to each and every person that makes this annual gathering the success that it is.

Did I have a good time ????

YES......we had a GREAT time and were in awe of such a large gathering of people with little, if any problems. We plan on attending each and every year that we can, this was only our second time but has already became an annual "get-away" for my wife and I.

What would I change if I could ????

I really have enjoyed the chili supper (free) that is put on for all those in attendance. I wouldn't change a thing with the way it is.
I also, really enjoyed the supper on Saturday evening last year. I know that it would be impossible to please everyone's tastes for something to eat, but with that being said.....I enjoyed the chicken supper last year MUCH more than the spaghetti dinner this year. Please don't take this as a negative, as it isn't meant to be.......it is just my opinion. I did notice that the lines to eat last year sure were longer than they were this year.

The absolute only other thing that I can think of, that could possibly be improved upon is the events for the women.....that so unselfishly follow their spouses and significant others around all weekend. The frying pan toss was really fun to watch and I watched it from beginning to end, taking a photo of each participant......it was really cool and the women (including my wife) really enjoyed it. Perhaps there could be another event or two that could be worked into the rendezvous. The gentleman that worked and announced the grying pan throw did an EXCELLENT job....give him a raise......he was hilarious.
I'm not sure what kind of activities that the women would enjoy, but I do know that I consider myself to be very lucky to have married a woman that enjoys being with me in the things that I enjoy doing, and I'm sure that there are others that feel just like I do. It was great to watch them have a little friendly participation.

Once again........a real big THANK-YOU to those that make this happen !!!!!

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »
I had a great time (it was my first time)  I wouldn't change a thing unless you can control the weather LOL
Thanks to everyone who helped make this the great event it is.
Dan
Compton member & Michigan Traditional Bowhunter member.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
It was real well done!  Thanks so much for all the hard work by everyone.  Maybe some loner bows and arrows for the kids shooting area.  Something more for the non-shooting ladies sounds great.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
Had a great time. Courses were fun. Maybe a LOOOONG range target with prizes. A better looking vendor coordinator  :bigsmyl:  I like Don's idea, maybe a women's shooting seminar. Those yellow ropes, whoever put those up did a great job  :thumbsup:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
I forgot to agree with the others that anything else for the ladies would be nice.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
Well first off, I'd make each one of the days 30 hours long.  There just isn't enought time to do everything.  

On a bit more serious note, I'd like to see more of the attendees become members of Compton.  Without Compton, there would be no event to attend, and membership is one of the best bargains going.  If you like what they do, make sure to vote your support by signing up.

Beyond that, this is just a phenomonal event.  Those who haven't attended one have no idea what they have been missing.  Outstanding job to everyone involved!!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 07:58:00 PM »
This was my first time attending and I too had a great time. So nice to get together with friends and talk trad bowhunting.

Short of controlling the weather I have absolutely ZERO complaints.

Any chance to get a loudspeaker to make announcements over? Along the same lines, having a sound system in the seminiar tent that is either louder or has more monitors for us "hard of hearing" types.

Great event and many thanks to all!!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Trad-Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
Hey Jeff...

I didn't hear any grumblings from the vendors either.  I think all in all it was a good weekend for everybody!  I know Debby and I had a good time.

-Scarne

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
Jeff, is there a lost and found? I lost a superglove and a camping chair. I also lost my shooting touch when shooting with LeClair and Parsons but I found it the next day.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »
Skyler and I attend a lot of Traditional events. I couldn't attend this year but but Jimmy and Mason asked Skyler to tag along. All I've heard from all 3 of them is how GREAT that this event was! All of us are already making plans to attend next year. To Quote Skyler "It was as good as it gets"
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »
longarrow.... here from Keystone Cattle Company. Yea I'm still at my brothers house and he's workin' my butt off!....We had a good time as always, the Compton folks always do a first rate job!!! If I could change one thing this year it would be the economy(?) Attendance seemed down..not as many buyers as years before. Hope everyone has better 10-11 than last year. I like the Vendor's tent closein' at 5:00 pm, gives me a chance to shoot and visit...but if it remained open another hour or so it might help business. But the Compton group deserves a big hand...takes alot of work to put a show this big!  :clapper:

Offline UnderControl16

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
Yes we all need to give a big thank you to everyone that had anything to do with putting on the event. I so think that the women could have a bit more to do other then amazingly follow us around. Also the loud speaker could have been a little bit more clear because it was hard to understand sometimes. I have to agree with Whip that 30 hour days would be nice. A great event that is put on amazingly, everyone that i was talking to loved it. I also think that i would have enjoyed a 100+ target. Was the canoe rides going on?
Mo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
We used to have a 100+ novelty shoot, but we ran out of room to do it safely. It was fun but if we can't do it Safely we can't do it.  :archer2:

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 12:04:00 AM »
Should clairify my first statement. It Was Great, the Issues I Had Were Not with Vendors. It was with people selling out of trucks & Tents. My Veiw on it is They're stealing from the Kids! Most everyone was Great when we told them they can't sell unless they're a Vendor in the Vendor area or at the Blanket trade Saturday afternoon. but a Couple are really trying to screw things up. But I Guess you find Jerks in everything.
  On The Up Side we are already starting to get things ready for next years Rendezvous!!!!!!  :bigsmyl:    :campfire:    :archer2:

Offline salemons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
First time at Comptons and I had a great time. I live 45 minutes south down I94 in Michigan City, IN. Brought my 24yr old daughter up Friday and we shot 2 courses then wandered the vendors. Brought my grandaughter, middle daughter and son-in-law on Saturday. We got there right at 1:00 so I had some confusion where to take the grandaughter to get her into the kids shoot. That was my fault but it worked out fine and she had a really good time. Was really impressed with the days programs for the kids. Daughter from friday came back in the afternoon and we shot the other 2 courses then went and spent all my money at the vendors. Thought we were done for the weekend due to a get together for fathers day but had such a good time we came back and reshot all the courses again and spent some more money I found at home. Berrien, Comptons and all the workers did a fantastic job. The only suggestion I have would be if this could be all week long (I have more vacation). As far as Friday's weather goes we tried to keep the nasties in Indiana but some got away from us. Sorry, we will try to do better next year. Thanks for all the hard work and we all plan to come back each year.
Quinn Stallion Classic 53#
Quinn Stingray 35# limbs
66" Mohawk T/D 45#

Offline C Kerley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
The dog tracking seminar was fantastic.  

Connie Renfro was great for my girlfriend to listen to.  

Can't remember his name (Jim something) who did the backpacking seminar, that was good too.  My only complaint was the two families sitting in the same area talking, laughing, sneezing as loud as he was.  I saw at least a dozen folks turn around and give them the "hint hint" look and they didn't get it.  

The only true days of the Rendezvous for me though are Fri and Sat.  Sun is pack up and leave day.

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by Whip:

On a bit more serious note, I'd like to see more of the attendees become members of Compton.  Without Compton, there would be no event to attend, and membership is one of the best bargains going.  If you like what they do, make sure to vote your support by signing up.
I agree with this also, it was my first time to the show and all I had to do was hear Fred Asbell talk about Compton's, and seeing the show it was a no brainer to sign up and join, I am proud to be a member of an organization like that
Dan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©