3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Handshake deals alive and well on Tradgang!  (Read 737 times)

Offline Longbowmark

• Trad Bowhunter
Handshake deals alive and well on Tradgang!
« on: May 07, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
I just received a Black Widow recurve I purchased from another tradgang member.  The bow was splendid in every way.  It occurs to me that these purchases are the electronic version of a hand shake deal.  I send a check half way across the country to a guy I never met but he says his word is good.  I believe him.  He sends me the bow before my check clears because I say my word is good and he does not think twice about it.  Just like in the old days but bigger.  Thanks Rocky, you are a gentleman and it was a pleasure!
"The ruin of nations begins in the homes of it's people"

Offline Chris O

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Handshake deals alive and well on Tradgang!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »
And thats why this site is amazing!

Offline Bard1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
just ONE of the reasons why this site is amazing.   ;)
got arrows?

Offline dachba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »
I've had the same great experiences but wonder, if we talk about it alot, if some miscreant won't read these posts and decide to take advantage of us trusting types!

Dave in Ft. Collins, CO
Dave from North Bend, Oregon

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »
Yep, this site is truly amazing in many ways. I have had several similar dealings, and have yet to be disappointed. My two most memorable deals involved a Black Widow and a G&L Mantis.  Received the BW bow before I paid for it, and was gifted the Mantis by a member who knew that I was bowless after having to sell mine to help pay for my wife's medical bills.
Thank you again Mr. Sturgis, Sr., and Lewis Brookshire. Thanks too, to all my fellow TradGangers and especially to the founders and moderators who put their hearts and souls into assuring that this remains the premiere traditional archery site on the internet.
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »
There are exceptions to every generalization, good and bad. For instance, there are semi-professional thieves who work some trad field events, etc. But in general, I find trad archers and hunters to be the cream of the crop among humanity. It makes sense, given our "antiquated" view of life, honor, and value in general. And yes, I have quit all other bowhunting sites due to the slime they're all lined with. TradGang IS different, and it gives me hope. Thanks for this good-news post. What a wonderful world it would be if all men were as good as their word. Bravo. Dave

Offline NativeArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »
Ive done a few deals here, and have never been dissapointed. all based on a persons word and trust. not only have transactions been a pleasure, but people are more than willing to help with knowledge or items in either gift or trade. once again Tradgang is a great site with great people.... matty
"how many bows do you need".my wife
Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you , as I gave the green plant. Genesis 9:3

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
Know what ya mean.  I just bought a bow from NativeArcher,Matty, on here.  He said someone on here once made him an offer.  They said try the bow for a week, and if ya like it, send me a money order. If don't like it just mail it back.  
  Well I got it Thursday in the mail, and on Sat. I had a money order in the mail. :thumbsup:  I appreciated being able to try it out first.  Thanks again Matty, and thanks again TradGang.     :clapper:

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »
i keep saying to new people welcome to the family and that is just what this means. to me any way and hell i dont even live in the states. LOL!!!  :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline flinginem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
Ive bought,sold and traded probably 20 bows on this site with no problems,Cant the same for other sites.I had a bow for sale on another site and a guy said he wanted it but only had so much money,I said that was fine and he said he sent the M/O out on monday,Im waiting and friday he emails me and says something came up after he said he sent the M/O,I was gonna send the bow but my wife says wait for the M/O,If I would have sent the bow guess what would have happend

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
I have had nothing but good experiences on this site. I actually have 'three' pending deals going on now. Had the chance to shoot some great bows and make some great friends as a result of tradgang. I've actually had bows sent to me just to try by people I've never met. Honor, respect and trust, that's tradgang. I've always been told that a man is only as good as his word. Electronic handshake, that's a good one!   :thumbsup:

Offline Kevin Breaux

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
Total respect and confidence for the members of Trad Gang. Props!

Offline Scooter Trash

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »
Kinda puts some faith back in mankind for me.

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
Yup and people (not on this site) look at you like you are crazy when you send something to someone you don't know just cause you can :0)  :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »
i like it drew LOL!!!!  :campfire:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline wood slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
I had a similar experience with a Tradgang member. He mailed a bow quiver to me on the same day I told him I would buy it, just so it would be here on time for my son's birthday. There are some great people on this site!

Offline mfh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
My first step into trad and cqc10 sent the bow without getting payment.  Concerned it may not be right for me, he sent it to make sure I was happy with it.  Thanks Addis!

My second dealing....Lemme's shop in Colonie NY.  I walked out with an arm full of gear, but Mario talked me through what is needed, and certainly saved me money buy steering me away from extras that I did not need.

My other dealings...all the posts and prompt, thoughtful replies on Trad Gang.

I can not say enough about my entry into the trad world.

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »
Yep, here and the ***********, good folks.  Have bought 2 bows, traded another and just got a dozen broadheads in the mail today.  Perfect transactions, everyone - can't beat folks like youse guys!  Steve

Offline Cupcake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
Same experience for me.  One on this site and one on the ***********.  Helps one keep an even keel when the world seems to get more nuts every day.

Offline hs6181

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 11:25:00 PM »
all of the trades and purchases I have ever made with the folks here at TradGang have been a real pleasure, perfect in every way.
Harold

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©