3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: going to college  (Read 252 times)

Offline bearbowfan

• Trad Bowhunter
going to college
« on: June 25, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
in august im heading to penn tech to major in forestry, and as i'm leaving my home i'm also leaving the places iv hunted all my life. i was just wondering if any one in the williamsport area knew any good places to bow fish or if there are any archery clubs in the area. thank you and any and all help is appreciated

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: going to college
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »
I'm about 25 miles south of Williamsport. Carp fishing in the west branch is pretty good-you can probably shoot them right in the city limits. Can't help on clubs there, but down here Shade Mt. Bowmen and Buffalo Valley Sportsmen Assoc. have alternate Sunday shoots all summer. Mostly compound, But there are a few of us, and it's never crowded and cheap. Both are nice wooded 30 target courses and Buffalo is all Rhineharts. Shade Mt. has a traditional shoot  Sept. 10,11,12. Free camping, food and vendors. PM me if you want info. Don't forget Sawmill and Denton are pretty close too. There will be a bunch of us camped under a HUGE canopy below the chairlift at Denton. Stop by and say hi. Paul
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline inthere10x

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: going to college
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »
Sheshequin Buckskinner's Club is north of Williamsport (north on Rt. 15 to Trout Run exit) off of Rt. 14. They hold a PA Longbow Ass. shoot every June, I believe they have archery year round.
You could contact a member of the P.L.A. to ask about other clubs in the area.  
palongbow.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©