3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Clovis, NM  (Read 266 times)

Offline jdemoya

• Trad Bowhunter
Clovis, NM
« on: May 07, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
It is almost certain that I will be spending the last 3 months of the year in Clovis, NM. Any tradgangers out there? Places to shoot/hunt?

Thanks.

God bless,

Jose

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Clovis, NM
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
Jose, there is a club from that area that is having a shoot. I received the flyer but can not attend. You are also not far from Lubbock, Tx and I know that they used to have a good club. As far as places to shoot, a majority of NM is BLM and just take your pick. I know that there is alot of private property in the Clovis area but you will not have to travel far to roam as much as you like. There are also clubs in Hobbs, Carlsbad, Roswell, Ruidoso, and Artesia....John
possumtrot

Offline Vig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »
Jose,
    I am currently spending about 6 months in Albuquerque, and I know there are several 3D shoots around the state all spring and summer- not sure about the winter.  If you like the opportunity to hunt (as I do) I just recently found a great place to hunt hogs for a reasonable price out near Clovis.  If you're interested let me know and I'll get you the info.

-Vig
-----------
The worst day shooting is better than the best day at work.

Offline Steertalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »
Jose,

Just went to a 3-D shoot this past weekend put on by the Clovis and Portales, NM archery clubs.  Shot on Saturday and my group had the only traditional guys that we saw.  That doesn't mean some didn't show up on Sunday.  

When you get there, go to the caprock...great looking country!  As far as Clovis...great country for making emergency landings!

Brett
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:  its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual like.  If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Joseph Stalin

Offline jdemoya

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »
Thanks guys. Your help is appreciated.

Vig, I sent you a PM.

God bless,

Jose

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »
Jose' are you going to be Loafin' or on Bid-ness?
It can't be that far from Tay's. You still need to hunt with him.
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline jdemoya

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »
John, I will be working. I already emailed Tay's to come up and visit with him. I do not know as of now if I can hunt with him this coming january. There may be a family gathering in the first week of january for my uncle's 80th b-day, the only one living of 8 uncles.
God bless,

Jose

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©