3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Broadheads Arrived  (Read 233 times)

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
New Broadheads Arrived
« on: June 26, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
Well i was going to shoot my Zwickeys again this year but decided to order me some Simmons Interceptor 165 grain .Needless to say i'm very impresed with the way they fly.Glued up 2 on some of my new woodies that have been waiting for them.They flew perfect and seems to be a very solid built head.Can't wait to try them on some hogs in a few weeks.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Offline Shawn Rackley

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Broadheads Arrived
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
i got some screw on tree sharks, they are nice but they shorten my arrow to much. what i mean is that the bladr comes back almost 2 " down the arrow shaft. just need to get some longer arrows.

Offline vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »
Never tried a Simmons but haven't heard anything bad about them thats for sure.  I'm always dinking around with broadheads and with so many good ones out there I try to keep my old trusty standby's around (zwickey, magnus, WW) but love trying new out new ones.

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
IMO Simmons make a bigger hole especially on angled hits.LCH

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
Shawn, no need to get new arrows. Just get some glue on Treesharks and use an adaptor. The glue on version blades are flush with the rear of the head and do not come back behind like the screw in version. Of course your new setup will weigh a little more, mine are 210 grains average with a 42 grain aluminum adaptor + the 165 gr glue on Treeshark.
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
Stickbowmaniac , You won't be disapointed with them . I prefer to use the glue-ons even when using carbon arrows as the ferrule is longer which I feel makes for a stiffer blade . The only let down I experienced with these heads was with the 190 screw-ons when I missed a hog and hit a basalt rock .  Basalt is pretty tough . Good luck with them , Fred
Greyfox54

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »
That heads still in pretty good shape for hitting basalt rock.Going to try my luck with them in a few weeks on some hogs.Can't wait.They look like they would make some wicked entry and exit wounds.That's a great idea just to use the glue-on with adapters for carbon.Saves some extra cash in the pocket book.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©