3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New feather shapes  (Read 313 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
New feather shapes
« on: June 27, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »
Hopefully this got your attention and are willing to participate.  Having nothing but time lately on my hands, I have come up with a way to shape feathers, as I can tell right now, of just about any shape, size, or design (now nothing super radical)  What I would like from you is if you will make an exact shape feather that you want or wishing you could get, make it as exact as you can on a piece of poster board or something about that thickness(no cardboard), and send it to me, which in turn I will see if my process will do it, and send you a couple of feathers back to check out.  These are not chopped, they are not burnt, it is a new method that I have designed and wanting feedback before going any further with it.  So help me out, and maybe you can be getting exactly what you want soon.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New feather shapes
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
Sounds cool, Charlie. I'll be getting my turkey and goose feathers to you soon!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
Sounds good.  And I know you will want to get in on this, if I don't run into any snags.  So far, really good results
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »
Sounds very cool!!  I have a couple designs that I've always wanted.  I'll get them drawn up and send them out.  Do you want us to send feathers too or just the profile drawn on card stock?
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »
No , no feathers yet.  I will PM you my address.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 05:15:00 AM »
ttt

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline UnderControl16

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
i'd be willing to give it a try just shoot to me where to send the card board to

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
Pm sent to UnderControl16

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Mike Desadier

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 12:12:00 AM »
I used Bi-Delta vanes for years on my compound and they shot great with BH and always wondered what Bi-Delta feathers would do, but nobody made them, seem likes you might have found a way to do it.
Zona Recurve 60" 50#@28 (in production) Life Member: Bayou State Bowhunters Association - Arkansas Bowhunters Association - Membership Director-BSBA

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 05:09:00 AM »
Mike, I think it might be possible.  I will have to give that one a try.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©