3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Daddy, I'm having the time of my life!"  (Read 956 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Daddy, I'm having the time of my life!"
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
Cade got off the first few shots, and as you could see, it wasn't long before he came up with scales!

It wouldn't be the last time either....

I made good on the first and second fish I shot at! First one I got in the boat and when I was getting it held for pix, it flopped and flipped itself right back into the water off the shooting platform. I learned to take Capt. Bob's advice to land it on the lower part of the boat off the platform     :notworthy:    

He's a chip off the old block I tell ya!  

Terry just sat back and helped out as much as possible with Cade and anyone else who needed help. He also used a hand-held spotlight to help spot fish further away from the boat so we could work close to them.

Terry is "The Silent Assassin", Without saying a word, sometimes he'd just put the spotlight between his knees, pick up his bow and make one great shot after another!  

For those of you that have never had the chance to hunt with Terry, you may not know this.....

He's without a doubt, one of, if not the, deadliest shots on game I've ever seen.  I've witnessed it.

If he's got a bow in his hand, something is gonna die, plain and simple!

He proved it again last night...even tho we all hit about the same amount of fish last night, I'd bet he did it with half as many shots as the rest of us     :notworthy:    

Let me go fetch some pix....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
Can't wait to see the rest of this one, the one thing I know for sure is that whoever was on that boat had one heck of a time.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
Charlie, You're right about Arnold    ;)

That's the kind of advice I need. We need to figure out how to use the muscle he has now. The bow he's shooting is a tad much for him, but he struggled a bit more shooting down off the platform last night. It's always harder to draw when aiming down.

He's also in such a rush to get the shot off he doesn't fully draw....so that's not helping either.

All that said, he shot extremely well. He made me very proud last night. Not only because he shot well, but he just "handled himself" very well...

I believe Terry's got more pix than I do....

Tyler after making a good shot...
•  

Note all the Water Chestnut...
•  

Cade and Tyler chillin' on a ride between spots...
•  

My favorite pic of the night...Cade and Terry...
•  

I don't know how many times Cade told me how much fun he was having and that he was "having the nest time of his life"!
•  

Tyler and Terry....note the spotlight in his right hand...
•  

David, You're so right bud...."whoever was on that boat had one heck of a time"

More in a bit, hopefully Terry will come along soon...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
Good stuff Curt,Cades expressions tell it all. Thank you,
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »

Curt calling me a deadly shot is pretty funny. We all know what he can do! Here's proof of a nice double Curt and Tyler had.

Curt, I do have a lot more really good photos of you and Cade and some pretty nice action shots. I'll need to work on getting them resized. I try to add one more and resize tonight and then I'll have to get the rest up tomorrow.

Cade was just too funny! That boy can put some arrows in the air/water! He'd be shooting at fish about as fast as we could get the arrow retrieved and the water cress cleaned off.  We all held off shooting until Cade shot first and then it was all go. I remember one time when we say a nice fish way on the left side in front and Cade was on the right side. I was thinking that is Curt's fish and no more than a millisecond later Cade had an arrow on the way. He hit it solid and the fish took off with the arrow in tow. Unfortunately all the water weeds would tangle the line and unless you shot through the fish there was a good chance it was coming off.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »

Curt had made a nice shot on a big fish and after a couple nice photos he tossed it back in the river. Just at the same moment he tossed the fish it flopped and gave Curt a "fish shower"!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »
Great Guys That's just awesome.  Must have been a riot on that boat with all the belly busting laughs you guys had.

Terry I know you can shoot.  The first time i met you, there was a 30 yard running rabbit through the brush, with your arrow making direct contact. Cant truthfully tell me that one was luck. Even if you did I wouldn't believe it.

And for Curt's shooting?  well he was at that hunt too. I have witnessed 3 of his rabbits headed for the pot.

Thanks for bringing the stories and pics to this E-campfire!   :campfire:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
Wasn't it a song by Greenday  "Time of your Life"

Looks like it......
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2010, 10:04:00 PM »
Hey Skippy, did you notice that beautiful neck knife in the photo of Cade and I. I doubt I'll ever hunt without it again.

Here's a nice photo of Curt with his 1st boated fish.  Curt, I added up the photos of different fish you got in the boat and counted 6. Those that pulled off had to bring you up to near a dozen.

Here's a better photo of Cade and the boat.

More tomorrow!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
This is the first fish Curt shot on his first shot at a fish. I didn't get a good hero photo because as he was removing the salad from his fish it flopped and went over the side.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »
This is one of my favorite photos!  Cade is a great shot and he hit A LOT of fish. He'd just get so excited and short string the shot. After a while he'd calm down a little and when he pulled all the way back his arrows were great. Good practice for him and I have no doubt he'll be punching holes through the fish in no time.

:archer2:

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »
My son Tyler had a good night and was shooting pretty good. He connected on quite a lot of fish. This is a pretty good one. You can tell from his face that he was having a pretty good time as well.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
The action was virtually non-stop for the first couple hours.  Curt and Cade had to take a little rest and you can see Cade is still smiling while drinking his juice box.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »
Priceless just priceless!

:clapper:    :archer2:
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »
Cade was all about helping out and doing his part. Here he is trying to lend dad a hand in removing the salad.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 09:48:00 AM »
The action was pretty hot and heavy and I was the designated arrow de-weeder for Cade so I didn't get to shoot too much, which was just fine with me.  However, I did sneak in a shot or two once in a while.  Here is one that swam into my arrow. I'm the handsome one in the middle!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
This picture pretty much sums up the night! A wonderful night filled with father and son fun! I'd say they both are having a good time.  Folks, that IS what it is all about!

That's it for me.  I have a lot more pictures of Curt and Tyler holding big sucker mouthed bass, but once you've seen one you've pretty much seen them all.

Cade, you be sure to tell your dad when your ready to go again!  Thanks for a fun night.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
Great post guys.   :notworthy:  . That boat is awsome!!

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »
This is a great post!  Great pics!!  :archer:
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :campfire:
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©