3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Daddy, I'm having the time of my life!"  (Read 954 times)

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Daddy, I'm having the time of my life!"
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  Priceless memories being made!  Thanks for letting us come along!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
I am sitting at my desk with a big smile on my face reading this last page, that's as good as it gets!!!!  :clapper:    :clapper:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »
Nice pix Terry!

The weather was a toss up all day. We were all hoping it would hold up, but for most of the day it looked terrible. It ended up being an absolutely beautiful full moon night...
•  

Like Terry said the first couple hours were about non stop...I don't think there was a more than a couple minutes that someone wasn't shooting. Most of the time it if was far less than that, sometimes multiple shots at once.

Terry prepared us for a fun night, but this was way more than Cade or I could have expected!

The plan was for Cade to fight any fish that I shot. But that went right out the window when he started getting so many shots. He wanted to shoot his own!!

He did very well and as far as we could remember, he hit at least 4 fish well enough to come back with scales on his Muzzy point...he really was having the time of his life!

This was Cade's first time on a boat besides a canoe. He really didn't know what to expect, and I could tell he was a bit apprehensive when we got on the big boat. But it wasn't long before he was very comfortable and loving every second of it!

In the end, about 12:45am, he didn't want to get off the boat and stayed on as long as he could helping Capt. Bob as much as possible...
•  

•  

Terry buddy, thank you so much for enriching a little boys(and his old man's) life with an experience he'll(we'll) never forget!

We rolled in the driveway about 1:30, and after quick showers were in bed around 2:00am. We were both tired and sleep came very easy.

Terry, I try to spend as much time with Cade around "good people"...if I can do half as good a job raising my kids as you've done with yours, then I'll have really accomplished something! Thank you brother, for everything!     :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »
Great story, thanks for sharing it with us.
Curt, I know what you mean about Terry and his shooting. Im reluctant to go bowfishing with him though...after "superman dives" on a rabbit for him on EVERY hunt, I can just imagine his disappointment at my refusal to do the same into the mighty Hudson for a carp. Head shots Terry, head shots.

I loved the pics. Cade is growing up so much in the few years I have known him. Great stuff guys.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2010, 02:34:00 PM »
Curt it was my pleasure my friend. Cade is developing into great young man and hunter. You're putting the time in with him and that is what matters. Being a dad is a wonderful thing. In the spirit of full disclosure I must admit that I too believe I have great kids, but have to give the credit where credit is due.  I married way above my station in life and Tina gets all the credit for our great kids.  The only bad part of me marrying up is that Tina had to marry way down!    :knothead:  

Jamie, you're absolved of any carp diving because when I shoot them I have a string attached. So, you've free to tag along without apprehension at anytime.

David/Hunter, Skippy, Jamie, Izzy, Charlie, Curt, Cade, or whomever wants to go out and try for some fish, my boat has all the batteries charged and is ready to go.  Capt. Bob is on vacation for a couple weeks and I have him set up for a "ladies night" when he gets back. I'm taking my 2 daughters, my wife, and a young lady from Church.  This should be a hoot!  After that though, I bet we can get him scheduled for a TradGang "Carp-A-Palooza"!

Guys, give me a buzz. I'm already itching to shoot at some fish!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by IndianaBowman:
Cade, you be sure to tell your dad when your ready to go again!  Thanks for a fun night.
I just read this to him...guess what his answer was......."can we go tomorrow?"

I said, no Mr. Receveur works during the week...he said......

"well how about Friday or Saturday?"

So there ya have it buddy, we're ready whenever you are! Let me know....

Same for me bud, I certainly can't take all the credit for my boy. He's lucky to have a Mom, that wants nothing more in life than be the best Mom she can be...it seems to be working.
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »
Cade 'Heart Breaker' Cabrera.....gotta love it!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »
Terry glad that replacement arrow was able to get dirty.  I hope it was close enough like the one I lost of yours.

I will not be able to drive this week, turns out the whole thing was the DMV's fault but will still take a week to clear up and a court date in which I may still receive a "processing fee" dependent on the judges mood.

Curt, the New Paltz golf course is loaded. You can get both frogs and carp   :readit:    :knothead:  

This thread was great.  Thank you for sharing.  I would agree you guys have great kids. At least the ones I have met. IThey take after great Guys (and if you are telling the truth great moms too).  

I have found a Bayou filled with Frogs Turtles and saw a few carp and bass. Anyone that wants to go with me let me know. Its about a mile from my house.  I could only see 4 carp in there but it sounded like the frogs can keep you busy for hours.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »
Were very fortunate men Curt to have what we have and I don't mean material things, I'm talking family that is intact   :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline timmy c

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »
Great pics Curt sounds and looks like tons of fun

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
What a time that must of been for ALL involved!

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
That's just an awesome story. I can't wait to go again. That smile on Cade's face says it all. Priceless.

Terry, I'm glad your making good use of the knife. Enjoy it.
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »
Curt, Cade will never forget these times together ! Looks like ya'll had a great time together. Great pics too bud.

nocams
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2010, 01:23:00 AM »
Simply wonderful bud    :thumbsup:  I gotta tell ya, as a guy who works with a couple hundred kids each year, I wish more boys had Dads like you and many of the other fine men on this site that take the time to spend the time. Awesome!

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2010, 06:49:00 AM »
When a kid gets the investment of a parents time, as in a case like this, it is a victory for us all!

:clapper:

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »
Curt, I'm good to go any night during the week. It actually works pretty good. Usually go out and bowfish from about 9 PM - 1 AM and then get home, clean up, get some sleep and in the office by 7 AM.  Doesn't take away any time from momma and the other kids.  Friday or Saturday works too.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2010, 07:30:00 AM »
Thanx guys    :notworthy:  

That sounds great buddy...Cade says..."how about Friday night?"  That would be perfect for us...

I got a bad feeling you're gonna see a lot of us this summer    :archer2:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »
Not a problem!  Friday works fine.  See you then.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
I'll call later on in the week to finalize.

Been working hard to come up with a solution to Cade's fish holding problem.....fun stuff!!

I think we've created a monster    :archer2:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
Curt, I think Terry is building on an extra room   :readit:  Why dont you just move in   :campfire:    :archer2:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©