3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: which ilf setup  (Read 776 times)

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
which ilf setup
« on: June 30, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
I am having a hard time choosing which ILF setup. I have it narrowed down to a few. The dalaa, the titan, sky ILF 17",and the metal morrison. i would like to know some pro's and cons of each setup. I would also like some pictures of setups, so if you have some will you please share  thanks
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: which ilf setup
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »
Depends on the length you like.For me the Titan is as good as it gets in a 17" riser and the Dalaa shines in the 21" riser length.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »
The Morrison has all stainless hardware and a bump on the shelf for shooting off of it if that is what you prefer. For the price the Morrison is a great deal right now. I like the Dalaa riser if you don't mind swapping bushings(which doesn't bother me). I've owned a few of the Titans and they are good risers but the Morrison wins for the stronger hardware and shelf already set up for shooting off of. Haven't played with the new Belcher yet so can't give an opinion there.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »
I picked up a Metal Mini Morrison, if you cant the bow slightly, it will work for you. I personally love it. I had a hard time trying to decide between the Morrison and the Sky. The Morrison reminded me of my beloved BW PSR's so that was my motivation. As of right now my only decision is whether I use my Sky recurve ILF limbs, my Morrison LB ILF limbs or my Samick ILF limbs. I love this ILf game. And as VT13 says the price of the Morrison is 100.00 less, good deal for me.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
I like using the ILF limbs as is without changing bushings because I also use the same limbs on ILF 25" risers.I don't have any need for a riser shorter than 17" so I would pick either Titan or Belcher.I may get a 17" Belcher soon.I own a Dalaa but would get a Belcher just to keep from changing bushings back and forth.

If you only had to change bushings one time on a set of ILF limbs it's hard to beat a Dalaa.

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
We do have a 17" Metal because alot what the 17". I guess I need to raise the price $200 to make it more desirable???

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »
Calm down Bob....calm down.

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
what limbs would i need to buy if I wanted to be in the 44-48lbs range. I wanted to keep the bow in the shorter overall length in the 56-58". It would be used to hunt mainly whitetails from groundblinds and treestands.
Border tempest hex 7

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »
what options do I have with the morrison ilf riser? Can i use an elevated rest and plunger does it have quiver mounting holes, what quivers can I use. whats the price with the jaguar grip. Is there a try before you buy option? I hope mr.morrison would help me out on this one cant seem to find his contanct information thanks brad
Border tempest hex 7

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »
Of the ones you mentioned, I'd pick the Titan.  As far as limbs go, the Black Max Carbons are about as good as you are going to get for the buck.

Short limbs (on a 17" handle) will give you a 58" bow, medium limbs will be 60" and long limbs will give you 62".

The Black Max limbs are rated for a 17" handle, so 45# would give you the range you are looking for.

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by babs:
what options do I have with the morrison ilf riser? Can i use an elevated rest and plunger does it have quiver mounting holes, what quivers can I use.
Yes and yes, but maybe not at the same time. A friend of mine has the Morrson and likes it but one thing to watch out for is depending on what quiver you use, the bracket can interfere with the plunger making them not compatable with each other on the 13 and 15 inch handles.  Not sure on the 17", never seen one.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »
The 17" will handle all of that from Morrison. if you shoot from the shelf it is also the way to go. Also as I said it has the most durable hardware of the straight ILFs(i can't comment on the Belcher 17"). Bob and Jim are also both sponsors so Morrison or Belcher is the way to go for straight ILF. If you are going to stick with the one riser, the Dalaa from 3 Rivers is an excellent choice and the DAS connection system is top notch.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
As for the quiver bracket, I filed mine down to fit, works fine.

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
The 17 Has the quiver ,sight holes have been moved above the plunger. Next run of 13 and 15 will have holes also moved. I did mine just drill and tap in new location for a Tight Spot quiver, works great.

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
Mr.Morrison
When I go to your site and look under ILF bows I see no mention or listing for a 17" riser.I didn't mean to leave you out,just honestly didn't know you made one.

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
Do you have a picture of the 17" handle?

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 02:20:00 AM »
I would like to see pics of the 17" handle too  Anybody have any pictures of the ILF setup? Anybody have a SKY ILF bow that they want to comment on thanks again
Border tempest hex 7

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 05:15:00 AM »
I have a pair of Sky ILF limbs I use on my Morrison Metal Mini. The limbs are very smooth to draw, the only negative I have is the use of the brass limb bushings, they are not as good as stainless steel. But that was easy to switch. Again the limbs perform flawlessly. I choose the Morrison over Sky riser becuase I didn't like the harmonic silencers used on the Sky. What happens when they pop off, won't be so easy to replace in years to come.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »
Here you go.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
Another vote for the TradTech Titan and Black Max limbs.  A great riser and the best set of limbs going for the money.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©