3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Feather grinding  (Read 803 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Feather grinding
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
Would love to get some goose feathers is anyone has any extra.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 04:42:00 AM »
Benjy, got your feathers.  See you at ATAR
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Benjy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
I believe I will have some more for you at ATAR
Thanks,
Benjy
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
Sounds great.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Heading to ATAR in the morning, will answer all messages when I get back on Sunday.  Look forward to seeing some you there.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Horner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »
Just got some feathers from Charles.  They are great, thank you so much.  I will definitely be sending you some this Fall, to have you work your magic on.

What would you attempt to do, if you knew you could not fail?

Never leave the one you love, for the one you like.

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
Pm sent
Schafer Silvertip

Offline dpowers311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
Pm sent.

Dave
Bryan Holley Spirit Longbow
62" 50@28
Timberhawk Falcon
62" 48#@28

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010, 06:40:00 AM »
PM's returned and thanks Horner.  Glad they worked for you.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
Just wanted to say a couple things here. Charles brought my (share) wild turkey feathers, cut and ground for me, up to ATAR this past weekend. I gotta tell you folks, he did a fantastic job - I'm a happy camper. All that time saved for me and a better job than i ever did, especially on the grinding but also on the cutting. I also saw some full length ones he just ground for killdeer and they were beautiful. In case you missed the point, I'm not only pleased but i'm also impressed. Thank you so much, Charles. You deserve to be swamped with Turkey feathers, and I hope you are.    :archer:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
Thanks Bernie.  Now all I need back is a picture of some of those with the animal you have taken with them.  That would seal the deal.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »
LOL - I'll do my best. Pics when I fletch my hunter arrows for sure, and critters taken, if it's in the cards - how's that Charles?

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
That's all one can ask for.  Good luck and start saving for next time.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 09:26:00 PM »
More feathers out there???????

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »
Time is getting close, hunting season is just around the cornor, so don't wait, get those feathers done.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
I did some refletching of my carbon 3D arrows (and posted some in a thread about "onestringer"'s wraps), with wraps and 1 white, 2 fl yellow feathers(you may have seen them in that thread). Now I have finally done a half dozen up for my hunting arrows for this year. For those I used the same carbons (CX 90 Heritages) but I fletched those with 3 natural wild turkey fethers (from the ones Charles cut and ground for me). I do put a small band of reflective tape on my hunting arrows, for visibility in the deer, or the woods. Tonight I took a picture of them, as I said I would, for this thread.

Here are three of them, with my Anneewakee Addiction bow, "Blackie" as I headed out back to shoot. Laying on the cement block walk through the dog yard. Looking pretty darned good, I would say, Charles:

I decided since I was going to check them out against my others (same size field tips, instead of broadheads, for now) that I would take some pics of that also to see/show how they fly.

Dead turkey either arrow (A softer spot in the tgt where the hunter arrow hit - LOL):

REAL dead deer from all arrows (3 10s and an 8 that'll work) - LOL :

I prefer the shot with the hunter arrow on this Ram, if I got my druthers:

Longer shot (21 yds) on this deer - (Forgot I was out of hunter fletched ones - sorry):

After a few more rounds - Oooops - time to quit. This turkey just got himself some new feathers and is going to fly away with them tucked under his wing. Durn, I really liked them arrows and feathers too.:

Thanks again, Charles and hope you don't mind the extra pictures in your feather thread. (If you do, let me know and I'll deleate them.)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 3arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
Just got some feathers,nice work.Will buy again.
Believe in nothing,fall for anything

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Man Bernie, you are smoking with those things.  Maybe I should get you to build me some arrows???  Glad you guys like my work, now just pass it on and get all the feathers you can get your hands on.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 05:43:00 AM »
Glad you like the spread, Charles - I love the feathers, and last night's shooting and picture taking was a fun time - even the ending shot - LOL. You'll probably see these pics in other threads  too.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »
I wasn't looking at the spread as much as the placement.  Great shooting Bernie.  I am going to try some of my cane with goose feathers.  Just want to see how they differ.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©