3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Got my Pinnacle II  (Read 131 times)

Offline Hookeye

• Trad Bowhunter
Got my Pinnacle II
« on: July 01, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »
But no arrows built yet. Gave away my last set of Wooly Whispers.

Gonna try some String Leeches. Any recommendations for spacing?

I put them on already, 8.25" in from where the string meets the curve of the limb. Put another set in 1.5" or so inboard of that.

Think the woolies might work better based on comparison to my old Samick's spacing/soundlevel.
Will exp with the leeches for a while (and order the more traditional quieters just in case ;-)

I ran GT 55/75's from my Phantom, 505 gr (100gr added to insert- arrows 30.5" long). That bow hit 54# at 28.

This Tradtech I ordered at 50#.

So am wondering if 55/75's will be too stiff (want to stay around 500grains total arrow weight).
Twist it up, don't pluck, marinate then grill.

Offline COMPOUNDLESS IN CONCRETE

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Got my Pinnacle II
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
I went with a 4 cat whisker combo and it made mine whisper quiet.  I spaced them from the bottom of the  string groove on the limb at 6 1/2" and 15 1/2" on both the top and bottom limbs.  

I used a pair of cat whiskers but split them down the middle and made 4 small whiskers instead of 2 large ones that flap around.  I played with the spacing a bit before I found the most quiet spacing then cinced them down tight on the string.  It is essentially the same weight on the string just with 4 smaller ones.  

This was what worked best for my bow, but like we all know, bows are like kids and women, no 2 are alike or behave the same.  Just have to tinker till you find what makes them quiet.LOL  :biglaugh:
"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh to the father except by me."  John 14:6

Offline Hookeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »
Thanks.

I've run the woolies for years (on my two SA2's, my Bear Grizzlies and Samick Phantom and Equus). They've worked well at around 8" from the ends.

I just didn't know if the rubber leech deals had any special differences in placement.

Per my old thread, whining about the job stuff.....got a call from a past colleague, in another more northern state, about a possible opp.
Manufacturing engineering gig, building stuff I used to at my old job.

The "boss" can't handle the cold, plus it's a major metro area, would be a come home on weekends deal, maybe every other one. Relocation, with all 3 kids in 3 diff schools.......plus my dad being older......I don't think such a move is in the works.

Nice to know that two diff professionals in my field recognized my work ethic and skills! :-)

Got a lead on a much lesser gig today. But it might get my foot in the door. Would be tough for a while, but maybe keep me semi local.

Thank you guys for all the prayers! I've been at it for a long while, maybe things are starting to come around.

Spent the last two days moving out of my condo. What a mess. Hate tripping over junk. Am pretty tired but think I'll be situated by end of week.

Hopefully the stress will ease.

I just want the stress of a big buck under my stand!

Offline COMPOUNDLESS IN CONCRETE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »
I use to use the leech ones on my mathews compound when I shot that but they never held up to more than about 100 shots, then they would disenegrate and sometimes pop you in the face when they came off.  I switched to the rubber whiskers and have never tried anything else.  Maybe I will try the woolies out one of these days.  

Good luck and continued prayers for the job offers you've had.  

As far as the moving goes, the only thing worse than moving is helping someone else move.  I two am looking for the stress provided by a good deer in recurve range.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh to the father except by me."  John 14:6

Offline Hookeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
3 moves in 3 years man, and every year I get older/more sore ;-)

Wacky neighbors twice, then change in school bussing.

FWIW I ran the stock leeches on my Hoyt Protec for 2 yrs before they needed replaced, and that was the old style. Put in new style and they were OK for the next two. Of course that's when I wasn't shooting much, think maybe 1000 shots for each pair.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©