3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Salt Lake City Trad Stops????  (Read 261 times)

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
Salt Lake City Trad Stops????
« on: July 01, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
I'm going to be in Salt Lake City, next week, and was wondering if there are any Trad Stops/Shops that are a "MUST SEE"...

Thank you

Offline sorno

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Salt Lake City Trad Stops????
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »
None that I am aware of; but then, I've only been at this game for a bit less than a year.  There's a few small archery shops, but they cater mainly to wheels.  Sportsman's Warehouse has a small (infinitesimally small, actually) selection of traditional gear.  There's Cabela's in Lehi (about a half hour south of SLC), their's is a bit better, but still no prize winner.
You'd be welcome to come up to Ogden and shoot in my back yard with me some evening though.  I got a couple of bows that aren't seeing much use due to recovering from rotator cuff surgery.
S.

Where in Mn you from?  I grew up in Storden (don't feel bad, nobody else has ever heard of it either)      :laughing:

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
There is not any trad only shops in SLC or Utah that I know of but there is Bingham projects in Ogden. I'm sure that there are a few here that shoot their bow designs here.

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
If there is I'd like to know. Sportsman's has a pretty small selection but they do have some stuff. When I was starting out I almost bought an X200 from them but decided not to. Last time I was there, they had had a bow sale and only one recurve was left. Cabelas is where I bought my Savannah. Haven't checked out Bingham's.

Offline sorno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
Bingham's is traditional, but it's primarily a mail-order business for bow building supplies.  They deal mainly in raw materials.  They do have a small retail section and some arrow building supplies.  Their retail footprint for finished products is a couple walls in the corner maybe 5' long each.  Very basic stuff.  Nice folks though, I visit from time to time just to pick up a handful of nocks or glue or something like that (since I don't build bows).
S.

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
I'll have to get in there some time just to check it out.

Offline helo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 12:14:00 AM »
Ditto what everyone else has shared dont waste your time trying to find one. Just meet up with a tradganger and go stumpin.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©