3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad Archers in Arizona  (Read 576 times)

Offline Tsalagi

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad Archers in Arizona
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
Flag is nice this time of year except for the fire danger. Did you see the two fires we had up here. Scary, to say the least. I live at the base of MT Elden.

A lot of the shoots up here, as far as I know, are mostly wheelie bow shoots.

Stump shooting up here is kind of expensive. The ponderosa stumps I think are in some kind of telepathic communication with the Petrified Forest east of here. They're hard as rocks, most of them. But, you can't beat a place where you can take your own bale, drive five minutes, and be shooting in an area all to yourself.
Heads Carolina, Tails California...somewhere greener...somewhere warmer...or something soon to that effect...

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
sounds great i have no problem shooting with the wheelie guys someone has to show them what real archery is all about . attitude is everything jokes get me a long way with ignorant mindsets make em laugh and they get real friendly and interested.   :campfire:  out shoot em and you have a friend to convert  :archer:
form is everything! shoot well shoot hard.

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 12:35:00 AM »
You guys must be tough!  Shooting down there in that heat.  I worry about the heat and the glue in my bows to shoot down there.  We shoot most Sunday mornings at the Flagstaff Archer's range at Ft.Tut Hill. Have to go early now, so hot up here. About 80 degrees today!   :biglaugh:

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2010, 01:17:00 AM »
lol your funny vic .... i wouldmt know what to do in those cold temps... i might have to put on a sweater.  :laughing:

Offline Keystone Cowboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »
I am up here in Paulden. I am a member of the Granite Mountain Archers and our range is located just S.E. of the airport on Willow Creek Rd. I shoot both longbow and recurve and compete in 3D tourniments. If anyone would like to shoot just PM me and we can set something up.

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »
sounds good to me.

Offline wbyrd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
I'm in Gilbert, Val Vista & Baseline ... I've just gotten back in to archery in the last year or so. I used to shoot a lot as a kid. None of my friends are in to it so I think it would be great to get together with some of you guys.
~ SUA SPONTE ~

Offline JoeArizona

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »
I live over in Kingman and got back into trad less than a year ago.  It's more fun than I remembered!
I was looking at Flagstaff and Granite Mountain (Prescott)as the closest places for me to shoot, but don't know anything about them.
Actually, Las Vegas is closer for me but I can't find anything going on up there.
Joe
Joe

Peter's Laws - Rule #7, "If you can't beat them, join them...then beat them!"

Offline d from phx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »
I am glad to hear there are some real Trad shooters in Arizona. I would like to find more of you in Phoenix. I am trying to get back into 3D. I would like to meet someone to shoot with who goes regular. I live in North Phoenix. PM me if you do 3D.

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 12:51:00 AM »
joeArizona ya vegas is a little closer  i just moved from there in december its really not much for trad theres a few guys out there but they are few and for the most part loners. i know theres a trad club in bagdad. how active they are im not sure but sometimes it only takes one new member to inspire many.
ill see if i can stirr up some info on them . they are a great bunch of guys.

i havent herd of anything even archery in kingman but that doesnt mean there isnt . see if theres some archery shops out there that could pan out for ya.

your allways welcome here if you dont mind a 4 hour drive .

another north phx. hum well your definately not alone up there .maby we all can make a showing for a shoot at ben avery ? there used to be allot maby there still is .

wbyrd :some of us are meeting saterday morning at 5:30am to shoot at usery park your welcome to join us. if you need directions pm me ill get you there it not far from ya.    :campfire:    :archer:    :coffee:

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
ttt. alright who's comming saterday morning?
  :campfire:    :archer:    :archer2:    :archer2:    :archer2:

Offline JoeArizona

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by eric-thor:
joeArizona ya vegas is a little closer  i just moved from there in december its really not much for trad theres a few guys out there but they are few and for the most part loners. i know theres a trad club in bagdad. how active they are im not sure but sometimes it only takes one new member to inspire many.
ill see if i can stirr up some info on them . they are a great bunch of guys.
Thanks in advance on anything from the Bagdad group.  I worked with a guy that used to work at the mine there (what else is there in Bagdad anyway?) and I believe he was a trad archer...a great guy but I've lost touch with him now.

Thanks again!
Joe

Peter's Laws - Rule #7, "If you can't beat them, join them...then beat them!"

Offline wbyrd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by eric-thor:
ttt. alright who's comming saterday morning?
   :campfire:      :archer:      :archer2:      :archer2:      :archer2:  
Thanks for the invite, and I would most definitely have gone to meet up with you guys, maybe next time. But I'm going up to unit 3C to do some scouting this weekend and next weekend.
~ SUA SPONTE ~

Offline Michael Pfander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
AZ:  Both of those shoots have web sites.  The Bowhunter Happening will be the 23, 24, & 25 of July. at Sunrise.  Like most shoots it has more wheelie guys and gals than trad.  However it is staked for trad at IBO distances.  If a bunch of you PHX people want to go let me know and we can try and camp together.  If nothing else we can always look at the critters.  If you shoot in the afternoon on Saturday you can fish for trout in the AM.  You can register online for the shoot.

MAP
Map
PBS
BHA
P&Y

Offline azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 11:05:00 PM »
Eric, I will be there. For those that sent me an email, I do not check it often. Just checked it and will give you guys a call. Om is best for me as I am on this site often.
Mark

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 12:57:00 AM »
fishing sound great i love trout fishing.i usually like shooting in the morning but maby ill go fishing instead .

Offline azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
We were up there a  few weeks ago and we caught a lot of trout in little bog lake and horsehoe cieneca. My mother in law caught a rainbow that was 23 inches long and 14" inches in girth. We even caught quite a few apache native trout. You can only keep one per person of those. I am going to try and make it to the shoot and would like to take set up my camp near some of you guys. Sounds like a great weekend.

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 01:00:00 AM »
imm all geeked up for it.  :bigsmyl:

Offline bwana

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »
d you got mail. 5:30! Lets see, that means if I leave my house at 4:30....naw I think I'll go to Ben Avery Sun. morning ...have fun guys...bill

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
well bow hunter happening is this weekend im headin out thursday morning whos all goin when do you plan to get there?lets meet up .  :campfire:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©