3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Yesterday wasn't a good Day!!  (Read 493 times)

Offline jimmerc

• Trad Bowhunter
Yesterday wasn't a good Day!!
« on: July 03, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
So I go out to my garadge to work and look on the floor by my frezzer,there's a huge puddle of water/blood mix! I whip open the door and realized one of my worst fears! everything lost! deer meat,a turkey,and all the frozen berries we had picked, blueberrys,strawberrys ,blackberrys, rasberrys all gone!  :banghead:   I'm so sick about this!  :banghead:   Ill have to get another frezzer and start all over again!! Thanks for letting me vent!!  anyone else ever have this happen to you??
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Yesterday wasn't a good Day!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
James,  I had the same thing happen when I was in base housing out in California.  The breaker went out in the garage while I was gone and when I got back it stunk like crazy and was a heck of a mess!!  I lost 2 deer and a hog and some frozen veggies.  I called my insurance and with my policy they gave me my max benefit for my loss and I received a $500 check in the mail in a couple of days.  It really does suck to lose something you worked so hard for and $500 isn't even close to the value of it but it did help.  Give your insurance a call and see what they can do.

God Bless,
Ken
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »
Not quite the same but a friend of mine got a divorce.  His wife got all the household appliances but the freezer which was awarded to the friend of mine.  When he showed up to pick up the freezer it was empty.  All his bear,elk, deer and other game was gone.  He asked his ex where the food went and she said, " the judge said you could have the freezer.  Didn't say anything about what was in it".  She tossed everything.

Kind of like getting un-plugged!

Offline gregk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
I have had this happen, i lost alot of deer sausage and a large bag of gooseberries, also lost two ducks we were going to have mounted. I had a friend have this happen a couple years later and he lost deer meat and ALOT of fish. He turned this into his homeowners insurance and they paid him for the loss of the meat.

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
I feel your pain    :mad:  
I had the same thing happen a few years back. Plus that Spring I found so many Morels that I cut and froze over 50 lbs.....but lost them also when the freezer took a dump. I was almost in tears.
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
Had the same thing happen to a friend of mine. Made a trip to F&W, got a letter and had about 400#'s of prime bear bait. Scooped the sauce into buckets and refroze them to make them managable, they were pretty ripe.
Worked awesome, then dumped the freezer upwind from another friends house with a note attached...Free Freezer. He got to pay the landfill to dispose of it for me. He washed it out for 3 days and finally gave up on it. 2 birds with one stone.

Terry

Offline Mitch-In-NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »
Haven't had that, but last year I was making venison sausage and lost about 30# of it to my neice's carelessness.

I had just finished grinding all the meat and stuck it in the fridge.  My neice helped herself to some juice later that night and didn't close the fridge.

Next morning I found it and checked the meat.  It had a bit of a funny smell and rather than chance it I dumped it all.

Made me sick.
"The encouragement of a proper hunting spirit, a proper love of sport, instead of being incompatible with a love of nature and wild things, offers the best guaranty for their preservation."

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »
Spend the money and buy a freezer "alarm".. If you ever loose power you will know it before all is ruined...

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
I have had a couple bad ones also.Now that you have to buy a freezer,get one with an alarm or buy an alarm.It is a good practice to check all freezers weekly.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
Yes we had it happen as my daughter did.. Check your home owners insurance, it may be covered.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »
A few weeks ago, I was craving some venison pepperoni sticks so I went down to the freezer.  I opened it up to find water dripping and ice melting. It must have just happened a few hours before, we managed to move our beef and the deer that was left into the freezer above the fridge.  I was very glad I that pepperoni craving, it saved a lot of food.
Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Offline jimmerc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
Thanks everyone, I feel some what better! Checked with my insurance co and they are cutting me a check,I'll get another freezer but you can bet big dollars i'll have an frezer alarm on this one!!! But the loss just can't be replaced!
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »
Been there. I lost an elk, deer, some bear, etc... I feel your pain.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »
Hey Jim, what a bummer.  Sorry to hear that you lost everything brother. If I had anything left in my game freezer you'd be welcome to it.
 I agree with what was already said above. When you get a new freezer get an alarm too! it will pay for itself the first time your power goes out.
I reckon so

Offline Jmgcurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »
Yea, been there, done that...

Now instead of being lazy, we do the Aunt Viola thing...water bath and pressure canning in jars.
Life is not about surviving the storm, but learning to dance in the rain!
Blessed is the Nation whose God is the LORD,... Psalm 33:12

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »
I need to defrost my freezer speeking of this.Sorry for your lost James.Have a great 4th of July.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jimmerc:
So I go out to my garadge to work and look on the floor by my frezzer,there's a huge puddle of water/blood mix! I whip open the door and realized one of my worst fears! everything lost! deer meat,a turkey,and all the frozen berries we had picked, blueberrys,strawberrys ,blackberrys, rasberrys all gone!   :thumbsup:
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »
I had a freezer in a small garage and lost power to it.  I didn't realize it until I went out to get some venison.  It was full, with 2 deer and a bunch of walleye I had frozen.  I lost everything.  Coincidently, Jim, it was when I lived in Cicero.  Our new freezer has an alarm.  But I better go check the older one in the basement right now.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »
I took out 3 pork loins from the freezer, sat them down, and started doing other things.  Then my girlfriend (wife now) decided she wanted to out to dinner.  I forgot all about the loins, and didn't go back in the basement till I had to see what was causing a horrible smell to come up the stairs.  You guessed it.  Week old loins in the laundry tub.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »
My nephew unpluged his mother's(my sister)freezer so he could plug in his boom box in the garage, everything ruined. She cleaned the fereezer and pluged it in with a device to keep it from getting unpluged again. You guessed it, he unscrewed the divice (with a screw driver) to use the boom box again.
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©