3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: One of those days...  (Read 159 times)

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
One of those days...
« on: July 05, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
Got up early to do some roaming and stumping before it got too warm and the bugs carried me off. So off I go to the woods, about 2 miles down the road I realize I had left my coffee on the counter next to the pot. Oh well I can live without it and keep going.
 Get to the woods and am rally excited about getting out in the peace and quiet-after the weekend sounding like a war zone. So I string up and head out. Only thing is I left my tab at the house with my other quiver. This day is starting real well.
 Ok, can live without coffee but how well can I shoot bare fingers. Too dumb to retreat- off I go into the woods. It is quiet and peaceful and just what I was looking for. There it is: the first stump of the day, bring up the bow and off goes the arrow. Directly where I was looking. Well that wasn't too bad. Continued on for another two hours and about 40 arrows later decided that my fingers were bleeding enough to make sure I wouldn't forget my tab again.
 So for those who shoot bare fingered my hat is off to you but definitely isn't for me. But it was a good day stumpin'.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: One of those days...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 01:27:00 PM »
Bet you don't forget your tab next time.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
Guaranteed on that one. It happens.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
At risk of bursting your bubble, I would venture to guess that it will happen again.  The first time it happened to me, I decided to fasten my shooting glove to my quiver when I wasn't using it, which worked until I forgot to fasten it to the quiver one time.  So I left one of my worn-out shooting gloves in my car, which worked until one day I drove my truck to the range.  So I left another one of my worn-out shooting gloves in my truck, which worked until I started riding my bicycle to work, where I keep one of my bows to shoot when I'm bored.  Since I don't feel like keeping a shooting glove on my bicycle, I stuck another worn-out shooting glove in one of my desk drawers at work.  I think I've got all the bases covered now, but if it happens again, the only thing I can think of is to have a body-piercing and hang a shooting glove off a ring attached to my ear or something.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline recurvecody

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
dont worry tom i did the same thing today when i headed out to go bowfishing.
pick a spot stupid!

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
I hunt without a tab, but when practicing I usually use one.

I always shoot with my quiver on my bow, full of arrows. I never forget my tab, because it is on one of my arrows kept in the quiver.

Forget your tab at my house, and my wife will put it "away" for you if she sees it. I just wish I knew where "away" was.

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
So glad To see it happens to others as well. I keep an extra stringer in the vehicle along with an armguard and now there is also an extra tab. Even an old dog can learn if hit hard enough in the head.
  BB-I shot well without but as a rule think I should stick with. You must be pretty hardcore.
 McD- think the piercing is also out but thanks for the suggestion,lol.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©