3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Got My Order in for a Wallace!  (Read 349 times)

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
Got My Order in for a Wallace!
« on: July 05, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »
Just got off the phone with Mr. Wes. What a great guy to deal with. After some standard questions I placed my order for his "Royal" 1pc longbow. Bow will be 66", 50# @ 29". Osage Riser, bamboo limb cores w/Osage veneers and Horn limb tips. Since he lives not to far from me, I will be picking up the bow when completed.

Just gotta get through the 7mo. wait!   :biglaugh:

Would love to hear some thoughts from other Wallace owners.   :)
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline hardtimes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Got My Order in for a Wallace!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
Been kicking the idea around about ordering one myself. If you dont mind me asking what is that going to set you back with osage, boo, and tips? I will be watching this thread. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Offline newell38

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
you will LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  wes is a bowyer that doesnt get near enough credit!
"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Endless loop strings, heavy bows, and wood and only wood arrows...my kind of archery!

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
Thanks Justin. Been hearing good things about his bows and wanted to give him a try. Nothing like supporting the locals!   :thumbsup:

Hardtimes: Since I don't have to pay shipping, I'm looking at about $625.00 when bow is completed.

Offline hardtimes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »
Thats a heck of a good price. Thats going to be a long 7 months. I wish you luck. Keep us posted.

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Yep thats a good price for a great bow.It's going to be a long 7 months .But defintly worth the wait.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
Love mine, and still shoots as pictured here.
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=075607;p=1#000000

Your in for a real treat!   :archer2:

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
Thanks for the link! That's exactly why I've been wanting to try one. Beautiful looking too.   :thumbsup:

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
Yep, its nice to buy Oregon and get top of the line.  There are some amazing bowyers in this state.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline gregk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
I have heard nothing but good things about Wes Wallace bows. The wait is the hard part on any bow, ive been waiting 8 months on a bow i ordered and i just ordered another bow and have a 7 month wait on it. A Royal will probably be the next i order.

Offline 1screagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
Wes is a world class guy making world class bows. I've talked to him about prices of bows out there, he maintains a humble attitude and gratitude for those who support him. I sold everything else I had and now only own 6 of his bows. He believes he gets a fair price. Compaired to others at twice the price his are a bargain. I'll be getting my new B-Model riser sometime this month, 4" shorter than my Mentor's which will make my normal 60" down to 56". I can't wait! I will be getting another Royal as well. You cannot find a better bowyer to deal with. There are other good ones, but not better. I wish I was close enough to visit him Wannabe1, I know you'll love your bow as much as you'll appreciate Wes as a bowyer and friend. Best wishes!
3 Wes Wallace Recurves,
2 original Mentors & 1 B-Model Mentor
3 Wes Wallace Longbows
1 Dwyer Defiant "Legolas"

www.stoneartistllc.com

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
1screagle said it all.  Wes is an excellent bowyer and his prices for the quality of his equipment are low.  Particuarly compared to other equal quality bows.  I shopped around a lot before buying a Royal.  I now have two and a third order in the making.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
I have an aunt and uncle who live just down the road from him. I go and see them all the time so, I'm gonna arrange it so that next time I'm out there, I'm going to go visit Wes and his shop. He told me I could shoot some of the bows he has on hand. I'll let you know how it goes.   :thumbsup:

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
Wow, I didn't realize his prices are so reasonable! Yes, he seems very humble, too.
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline AndyTheCornbread

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »
I have two of his longbows and have hunted with him several times over the years as well as gone to a few 3D shoots with him. He is a great guy and he makes great bows.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
He brought my new bow to the WSR in Packwood and came around looking for me to tell me my bow was there.  We walked down to his tent and my new baby was laying there calling my name. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.  Later that weekend he spent over an hour talking with a buddy of mine explaining all the facets of the bows and what he would need for his first recurve.  Wes is first rate and so are his bows.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 07:42:00 PM »

Just bought this one used on this site last month. It's with Wes now being refinished, plus checkering, antler tips, antler overlay, and a three pound weight reduction.
N/A

Offline dennis rice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »
I have one of his Royal longbows and a Mentor recurves and there are the best shooting bows you will ever shoot.
william d. rice

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 04:35:00 AM »
He was the first custome bow I ever ordered. He is a really nice guy too. But, If'n I lived right down the road??? I think I would be driving up there and have him custome fit the bow to me and hand pick out the woods myself.... After you see them in person you might change your mind about that all osage bow???
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
now i'm really gonna mess with your head tw...ever tried a cari-bow longbow? i shot one the other day and WOW WOW WOW. unreal smooth and plenty fast
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©