3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Camping on the prairie?  (Read 618 times)

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Camping on the prairie?
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »
Matthew,

For many years, Lisa and I camped out of the truck (with a camper shell). I built a platform over the top of the wheel wells and two side by side drawers that ran the length of the bed to go underneath. Storage under and bed on top. Worked great and didn't cost that much in lumber to build.

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by OkKeith:
Matthew,

For many years, Lisa and I camped out of the truck (with a camper shell). I built a platform over the top of the wheel wells and two side by side drawers that ran the length of the bed to go underneath. Storage under and bed on top. Worked great and didn't cost that much in lumber to build.

OkKeith
I did something like that on my trip back from AK.  The cap I had was insulated and I spent a night out on the exposed area of Mt. St. Helens with winds rocking the truck and was warm inside.

Offline wulf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »
You mentioned picking up a sunshower for cleaning up.  I think a better idea is a one or two gallon polyethelene pump sprayer.  You can add hot or cold water as needed and it doesn't need to be suspended above your head.  It could even be painted black to "self heat" full of water in the sun if you wanted to.  You may want to shorten the wand for ease of use as well.  Just a suggestion.  wulf
Member: Compton Traditional Bowhunter

Offline ken denton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
Buy a extractor kit. It is made in England for wasp bites and stings. It has small suction cups that fit on the extrator and a plunger that sucks the stinger or poison out. Only cost about 15.00 and here in Texas we us it for Rattlesnake bites on the way to the hospital.
For snakebite, we always carry a 1 liter Dr Pepper for snakebites. Just cut a hole in it and stick you hand or elbow in it. For any kind of sting, nothing works better. Ken
"Arrows into the wind", What a wounderful sight!!!

Offline shbne

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
any updates?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©