3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Looking for a hunt  (Read 954 times)

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking for a hunt
« on: January 08, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »
My Father and I want to take a trip before I get married in September.  September 8 to be exact.  We were going to take a trip in Canada for bears but most of the other guys that were going to go had things come up and the hunt kind of got put on the back burner then cancelled.  So the idea is for my dad and I to find a place to go hunt and have a good time before the wedding.  I was thinking something towards the end of august.  Kind of get out of the bride to be's hair and let her get her things ready.  Anybody have any suggestions on what we should go hunt and where to do it at a reasonable price.  Like most of america the failing production industry and outsourcing has claimed my fathers job and we are looking for an affordable hunt.  I was thinking maybe proghorns or bear or whatever you guys think would be a good time for father and son to blow off a little steam.  Thanks for all your input as im sure most of you can help me here.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking for a hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 11:57:00 PM »
WY Goats and Mule Deer in Eastern Wyoming.

Deadline for Tags is fast approaching though

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 12:10:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Pasty Face

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
Man, thats funny, I am getting married on the same day and am looking for the same thing. I was all set to go up to AK to hunt with a freind for moose but then the date changed from sep 29 to the 8th and that went out the window.

I have never done it but have talked to alot of people who have gone to Colorado for elk. One of the guys was from WI and he said it cost him around $1000 for the trip, they drove his truck out there. He had alot of close calles and ended up getting a nice bull, public land and no guid. A group of people I know go each year and they say they see alot of animals and seem to get a few, all on public land without a guid. I hope to get out there some year.

Offline mbbushman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
Ontario fall bear opens around Aug 15, I think, and there are a lot of reasonably priced hunts available as well.

Offline Puma Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
  • From New Kingston, NY
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »
Antelope in Wy., Colo., Mt. or NM.
About the least expensive guided hunt.
Lots of action usually, high sucsess, getting shots anyway.
Fred Eickler is a good outfitter from Colo., does lope hunts.
"My health is best in October"

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 09:54:00 PM »
CO you can do on public land and have a real good chance at shooting one.  Theres tons of them make sure you get some good maps to find out what is public

Offline bushwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »
Try Bob Bearman in Nipigon, Ontario for Fall Black Bear. The hunt is very affordable and his success rate is through the roof for his Fall hunts due to the closing of their Spring season.

Give him a call at 807-887-3801.

Offline bvalentine002

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »
Go with just you and your dad to Ontario for Bear. I recommend The Bear Den (  http://www.thebearden.com/  ). There is great fishing up ther too. Better hurry with your plans. You may run out of time to book!
-Brett

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©