3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good treestand harness???  (Read 1797 times)

Offline J.Nordwell

• Trad Bowhunter
Good treestand harness???
« on: January 09, 2007, 12:01:00 AM »
Well I just got my Summit Copperhead and really don't like the harness that came with it. Thinking of getting a Hunters safety system. Is this the best option for a harness?? Thanks
FEAR NOTHING

Offline scrapiron7

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good treestand harness???
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
I also have a Summit stand and didn't like the harness.  I bought
one of the vest style harnesses with the buckles like seat belts and
it is easy and comfortalbe to use. I believe it was from cabela's.
It was kind of expensive, but if it isn't easy you might not always
use it and then whats the point. Better to be safe!!

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 07:32:00 AM »
I've tried the Hunters Safety System,the Seat o' the pants,and others that came with stands.My favorite now,and most comfortable,is the Loggy Bayou Transformer.Never tangles,easy on and off,and evenhas a built in bino harness sorta like the Crooked Horn bino system,plus you can get add-ons like hand warmer,hip quiver,accessory pouch,ect.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
I've got a 4-point harness made by Gorilla that I like a lot. It cost me around $40 at Bass Pro.

Darren

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »
I really never liked many of the harnesses that come with stands.

However, I really do like the five point harness that came with my Big Game stand. I ended up buying a couple more stands (I like the stand also) just to have a coupl4e of spare harnesses.

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
I'm probably the Lone Ranger but I like the harness system that came with my Lone Wolf stand. It is very minimalist. No big buckles. I can put it on before I leave to go hunt and never even think about it.

Offline Gottabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »
I'm with Lost Arra on this one...the harness that came with my Lonewolf is easy on and off..works great.

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »
I bougth the vest type from Seat o' the pants. I like it. To me it is much better than the old full body strap type.
Bill
Aim Small

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 09:36:00 AM »
Loggy Bayous' transformer.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »
I have the seato' pants system and like it a bunch.  easy to use, and comfortable.
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline mrfritz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
If anyone has one of those stock Summit harnesses and they don't want it, let me know.

[email protected]

Us ALL CAPS in the e-mail please.  It's the only way I can sift through all my wife's junk in short order.

Offline matthewp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »
I just purchased the Loggy Bayou harness.  It is awesome.  Money well spent.  Even my wife agrees with this purchase.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »
I've had my Transformer for 2 seasons now...light,doesn't tangle, and very easy to put on!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Charles K.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
I use one of the old Screaming Eagle harnesses...it is as safe as anything out there today.

Offline J.Nordwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 11:50:00 PM »
Does any body hunt elk with there treestands?? Any tips?? Thanks
FEAR NOTHING

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 01:31:00 AM »
J..   :  Scout!! I have a tree that I will hang a stand in as soon as bear season is over. I watched elk walk down to an alfalfa field for months last year; and hunted on the ground ( got sniffed out). If the trail has tracks in it going uphill- its probably a morning stand; and downhill an evening stand. Over wallows- sit during the day. I have been watching elk nearly everyday for over 4 years; and they seem to get up and move about 2pm everyday. Maybe its because the suns position makes their beds uncomfortable; maybe because we have trained them to move then- but for wallows; and within bedding areas- they will be up an walking about 2pm. Its not when they move to feed - like in alfalfa fields where they have to worry about us at all- but just getting up and walking around.
 With the heat of the rut- being in a treestand at 2pm over a wallow makes a LOT of sense.
 Find the wallows by finding the source of small creeks and then go up from there- seems like when you find where the water coming out of the ground- and you go uphill- you find a wallow. The best are in black dirt and if you get close you will get short real quick  :)
  Elk if they are following a routine are suckers for treestands!
  It helps to glue or tape a sponge on the inside of one knee ( so they won't hear the knocking)  :)
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »
I am always looking for a better harness - so read I haven't found one that I like a lot.  And I worn a harness (ie not a belt) for many many years.

I think the vest are a great idea, but too heavy and cumbersome when laying clothes during a hunt.

I recently purchased the loggy bayou which says a lot for me because though I am always looking,  I don't buy that much.  

So far I like it a lot.

Having said that, be it good or bad, a harness has as much to do with how (where, temp, duration, etc) you hunt and likely you'll have to try several before you find one that works with your style.

- Dave

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©