3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Don't you wish...  (Read 247 times)

Offline Mitch-In-NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
Don't you wish...
« on: July 11, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
...there was a forum like this for every aspect of your life?

I have never been to a more courteous, friendly forum... EVER.

No egos here.  Everyone is helpful and respectful and there is a lot of good information.  Practical information.

No arguing politics or religion.  No one-upsmanship (except in fun).

I wonder if it something that shooting traditional archery brings to us or if it is something in us that brings us to trad.  Maybe a bit of both.  Men and women who respect each other, the land and the creatures we take with a stick and string.  I feel like I could be friends with any one of the folks here and I generally don't feel that way about people.

Who knows?  Maybe there's a forum for "ship in a bottle" enthusiasts that's just as wonderful.  :)
"The encouragement of a proper hunting spirit, a proper love of sport, instead of being incompatible with a love of nature and wild things, offers the best guaranty for their preservation."

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline COMPOUNDLESS IN CONCRETE

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Don't you wish...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »
I agree.  I was a member on another large archery forum when I shot wheelies and I got tired of all the egos, bashing and overall third grade mentality my stuff is better than your stuff garbage.  

When I made the jump to the recurve, I logged off that site and have never been back.  I have found my new archery home.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh to the father except by me."  John 14:6

Offline SourOwl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
Mitch-in-NJ - - I agree 100%.  I found all of these guys here friendly, helpful and interesting; but when I saw all of us basically "STRANGERS" pull together to give the St. Judes Hospital an unbelievable gift of over $100,000.00 thru an auction in a few short days, what fool wouldn't admire them and want to be a part of this group?  I have seen some good things happen in this life but nothing that tops this accomplishment.  Nothing will change this fact, and because of this I'll always be involved.  Mike in WA
SourOwl

Offline term

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 05:41:00 AM »
Well said!
Still looking for something I might of forgot.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 06:04:00 AM »
All of what you praise is the result of a clear vision of the leadership- Terry and rob - and a group of dedicated professional moderators who take their jobs seriously and work tirelessly to keep things on track - and 22 thousand of us who believe in what they're trying to do

it's pretty unique I think!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline marsniper27

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »
I can only half agree.

This forum takes up enough of my time i sometimes get in trouble from the better health. This is a great forum and i have yet to find another forum as nice as this one. But is there were more i think i would live on the computer when i can't be shooting my bow.

I have to edit this I have found two other forums almost as good as this one. I realized that shortly after posting this and had to edit it because i feel they are great communities that deserve the same praise.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©