3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Bow from Cascade Archery  (Read 6553 times)

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Bow from Cascade Archery
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2010, 05:16:00 PM »
Hey guys ,Anyone have any new pics? Love to see em.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Online doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
Yes, some new pics. would be great.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline bogeyrider63

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
i don't see these on his website? am i missing something? i may just order one.

Offline coyote1956

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »
that is one nice bow, enjoy your shooting! thanks for sharing it. Ken
Go Afield wih bow and arrow  shoot and enjoy archery !!

Offline granpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
Just back from Wyoming where my best friend and hunting partner Rob (BoboNJ) had one heck of a trip! He got his new 56", 62# Cascade Brush Hawk Longbow as soon as we pulled into Wyoming, like a kid at Christmas time packing material flying all over the place and then viola! It was love at first sight. Rob grabbed some arrows and we went stump shooting where he cleaned my clock, he couldn't miss and did I mention that his new longbow was fast, faster than my recurve!

Needless to say that bow was now promoted to his main hunting bow. Within 3 1/2 days of hunting Rob managed to kill 1 buck Mule Deer and two Antelope bucks (I had the honor to be there to witness two out of the three kills, first was a great stalk on a couple of Mule Deer and then I was in a bowshot of him and saw the kill of his antelope), these are the first animals killed by Cascades new longbow...CONGRATS to both of my friends, Rob for being the first and having an awesome hunt and then to Steve for producing such a fine longbow.

Rob, Steve and Denny I just want to say Thanks, this trip was great because of you guys, my stomach still hurts from all of the laughing.

Enjoy the pics and maybe Rob will chime in on this thread.

Rob and Steve with Mule Deer

Rob's Antelope (notice the new hat, I wanted to get him a derby)  

Rob's 2nd Antelope  

Offline K.Morgan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »
Nice looking bow. I love the nighthawk. But I love longbows. I will be calling ya Steve. By the way I saw my photo in the new mag. I love it and its nice to see people I know even if it is me. The articles are great. I also am like Lon I love the look of the red in the bow.

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
When will be able to order one off the website?

Offline granpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
Not sure when the site will be updated, you can call Steve direct and order one, he has made quite a few already for people calling in.

Offline BOBBO NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
Angelo speaks to highly of me. But he is my hunting partner. And finding a hunting partner that appreciates life, love, and family the way I do is rare. We are two different people living the same life.
   Steve's new Brush Hawk longbow is unbeleivable. When we reached Wyoming the bow was there. I couldn't open the bow tube fast enough. When it came out, it was exactly what I had pictured in my mind. When I spoke with Steve he said it was 65#'s at 29". Perfect weight for me. I had 2018's for this bow. And "Oh My God" it is lightening fast. The arrows were flying like darts. The bow draws back smooth with no stacking and when I released the string there was absolutely no hand shock. The design is perfect. From the first shot stump shooting to the last kill I made in Wyoming, the arrow went exactly where I wanted it to.
   Angelo, get the durby and I will where it on our next hunt.
   (Arby's chocolate shake)LOL inside joke

Rob

Offline BOBBO NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
By the way Angelo didn't post how he did. He shoot two Antelope's with a 48" Cascade. This was an exceptional trip. We were figuring on maybe 1 Antelope each. But coming home with 1 Mule Deer and 4 Antelope was a dream trip.

Rob

Offline 52Mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2010, 12:38:00 AM »
Rob and Angelo, Denny ended up taking two antelope and a buck mule deer. The deer was about the size of Rob's, a three by three also. Last year I had 6 buck deer come in to water and I didn't buy a tag. This year I bought the tag but nothing came in. How do they do that. I had to shoot over the heads of three antelope does to place my arrow through both lungs of the antelope buck that I arrowed. It is the best video harvest that I have ever viewed. Ahgelo How about that 196 Whitetail buck that Denny arrowed in Canada. Your packs worked great on this wyoming bowhunt.

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2010, 12:43:00 AM »
What a great hunt!

Thank you for sharin' and I hope to test drive one of those Brush Hawks some day - in a lefty!

Shoot straight, Shinken
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »
Thanks so much for the great pics and congradulations.Hope to have my bushhawk real soon.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Davt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »
Nice pictures. thanks for sharing them. Nice bow, I am a fan of shorter bows myself.
Dav

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »
Any plans for making them 60" long?
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
"Dear Santa,
        I would like a Fine Cascade "Night Hawk" Please see the Pictures I have Enclosed........."
     Excellent Bow Buddy!!!  :archer:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
Very cool! Congrats on the hunt guys.

Offline granpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »
Part of a hunt for me has allot to do with who you share camp with and let me tell you that Rob, Steve and Denny are about the best you can get.

Steve, that buck that Denny shot in Canada was a TOAD! and what about the 175" not too shabby either...only in my dreams right now.

The only thing that would have made this trip better would have been if we would have camped out like originally planned but after truck problems the day before leaving we we forced to leave the trailer at home and repack whatever we could into a little jeep...gotta role with the punches.

Looking forward to hunting with you guys again real soon.

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
Snag, Steve does have a 60" model. But this little 56" is the one of the best shooting longbows I have shot. It is smooth to my 29" draw and hits where I look.

Granpa, Congratulations on your hunt. It looks like you guy's had a great time. I wish I could have been there.

Offline 52Mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »
Snag I have sent two of the 56 inch brush Hawk's to bowhunters with 30 inch draws and both of them ordered a second Brush Hawk.
If you do need a longer bow I suggest the 60 inch Silver Hawk it was our number one longbow until this Brush Hawk came along.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©