3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Has anyone tried this quiver?  (Read 335 times)

Offline Rock Crusher

• Trad Bowhunter
Has anyone tried this quiver?
« on: July 12, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
I have tried bow quivers and they seem to mess up the balance of my bow for me. I just can't seem to shoot decent with one. I was just wondering if anybody has ever tried this one and what they think Thanks

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Quivers+Side++Stalker+Bowhunting+Quiver_c14_s74_p0_i6251_product.html

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Has anyone tried this quiver?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »
I had one similar to that, got rid of it and bought a SafariTuff. A little more money for a lot more quiver.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline 18thcentman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »
I have one and I like it. It works for me. The only thing is that the strap leaves a mark on your shirt when you sweat. I am sure it will stop after awhile.Other than that, It is a nice quiver.
Living the Dream

Offline Rock Crusher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I tried the safarituff and it is a good quiver but it just didn't fit and work for me very well.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
The fit is enough like a Safarituff that if you didn't like it, you probably won't like the Side Stalker either.  I have both, and find that they are the best alternatives I have found to a bow quiver, which I don't like because I don't like to practice with one on, and it throws my balance off to put one on just for hunting.

I have actually found a quiver that I like better than anything else I've ever used for broadheads.  It was given to me recently by a friend who has had it for many years.  The leather is old and cracked, but the quiver itself still works fine.  I would like to get a new one, but have no idea if it's still being made.  I think I'll take a picture of it tonight and post it in case anyone else has heard of it.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline bushytail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
I tryed the side stalker quiver and didn`t like it.It swayed or moved around to much for me.On 3D shoots,if I didn`t use the fletch cover,some arrows would slide out of the quiver.If I did use the fletch cover,the feathers would get ruffed-up when I put the arrow back in the quiver.I`m more of a bow quiver and back quiver guy.Sometimes I use both the same time.(broadheads in bow quiver for deer and blunts or old broadheads in back quiver for small game.)I always get shooting with that combo of quivers.
Harold Wetzler

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
I like them ,I have one from 3 Rivers and I have made a few of my own.....they work good!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline SecondSeason

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »
I use one from RaptorArchery that Ted makes and love it.  very quite in the woods and helps keep arm movment to a min.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »
I had one of those, and several other similar styles.  I'll take the Arrowmaster over it 10-1.

Offline 71flh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
The one from 3Rivers is made by Jacks Traditional Archery in Washington, around Mt. St Helens. Check out the site and the people who recommend it. I've had mine for a while now and love it. Make up your own mind, and consider what the advice you received cost (nothing, and that includes mine).

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
My favorite non-bow quiver is a GFA style.  For me anyway, they seem to be handier than the side stalker types.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
I have one of the Raptors. I use it for turkey hunting sometimes. I don't like a bow quiver in a pop-up blind because with my short bows, my nocks are always in the dirt if I set my bow down.

I didn't care much for it for deer hunting, but that's probably because I grew up using a bow quiver. I like having the arrow right there when I need one. It's also pretty thick where I hunt. Bow quivers are easier to slip through the timber with, in my opinion.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »
I love mine ... next to a good back quiver it seems the best way for me to drag arrows round the scrub . Arrow removal takes a bit of getting use to but the more i use it , the mnore i like it .
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline Ceb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »
I have a very similar model, by the same manufacturer, I bought from Dean Torges. What 3 Rivers calls their HH model. I like it a lot. Have used it for several years now and it still looks new. I generally carry 4 Zwickey Delta broadhead arrows and two tipped with Ace Hex Heads. Works for me.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 12:37:00 AM »
I use and like the Side Stalker. It fit perfect against my day pack and I can access arrows very easily. I like not having to reach over my back for an arrow as my shoulders don't work over my head as well  :)
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
I like the Dawgware Timo lite myself. I`m thinking the Safari Tuf Duiker would be excellent as well.RC

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
I had one and liked evrything about it except that it "bled" the red dye onto any shirt you wore and sweated in. Since I live in Baton Rouge, LA. this was often and 3Rivers was good enough to let me send it back for a Great Northern
"Sidekick" which I still use and like perhaps a little more as it is a bit lighter. The "bleeding" issue may have been adressed by now, I do not know.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©