3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: why low right  (Read 264 times)

Offline stevemfwills

• Trad Bowhunter
why low right
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
well got my arrows bareshafted and fleched em up with field points there coming out like darts,well when i put my snuffers on they were shooting they were hitting low right,bow set up is 61 lbs.bw pma2@ 29 3 fingers under.arrows are 2219s cut to 30.5 with 150 up front.total weight 620 grains.   :knothead:      :archer2:
if we are not suppose to eat animals,then why are they made of meat

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: why low right
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
:knothead:  I agree  :bigsmyl:  ...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
Here are a few ideas

1. You could be getting some planing. Check them when the wind is dead calm. If no planing then and you are using very big feathers try smaller feathers. If wind isn't an issue Check their alignment and make sure they are consistent arrow to arrow. I line up blades with the feathers (assuming you use 3) so they all fly consistent.

2. Also the broadhead is much longer than the similar field point which can cause some weakening of spine. Try a lighter snuffer and if it flys correctly use thenm or You could try shortening the arrows taking 1/4" off at a time and see if they fly true with the heavier BHs.

3. If you are using small feathers, switching to a larger 3 feather config or using 4 feather config might stiffen then up enough if it is a spine issue.

4. If you use the point of the arrow TIP for aiming and are RH the longer arrow will cause right and low shooting. Use the end of the shaft as your reference point not the tip of the point so length is consistent.

Everything I can think of.
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
I think chop covered this one admirably.

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »
You said bare shafted. There are multiple methods. Did you try this method...try shooting groups with bare shafts and fletched shafts all with field points? Did the fletched and bare shafts group together. Ideally you want the bare shafts to group just slightly low right as the feathers will stiffen them up.

Don't worry about angle of entry/impact. Just the relative position of the two groups.

here is a detailed link on the process  http://bowmaker.net/tuning.htm
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 01:27:00 AM »
well i agree with chops in his "first point" and second post.

something else to think of as a possibility is mental. shooting a blade can change the way you think as you shoot bad habbits can sprout up.example dropping your arm to see where it goes.
form is everything! shoot well shoot hard.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 06:08:00 AM »
Lower the brace height to stiffen up the arrow, if you're a right handed shooter.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »
Are you moving your bow to watch the arrow? I'm a firm believer in making sure the person doing the shooting is doing their part before questioning the equipment.
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©