3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Stewart Bow Ordered  (Read 153 times)

Offline Steve G

• Trad Bowhunter
New Stewart Bow Ordered
« on: July 14, 2010, 09:18:00 AM »
I took a friend to Leon Stewarts yesterday, to visit his workshop and "look" at bows.  You should have seen the "look" on my friend Ken's face!  He just kept saying these bows are all so nice I could buy anyone of them. He really liked the three peice recurve takedown, but after shooting a 60" Slammer Longbow, he ordered a 64" Slammer, with Cocobolo-Ebony riser, Zebra Wood backed maple Belly with Bamboo cores, it will be qiute the looker and shooter when it;s all done. Visiting any Bowyer like Leon and personally looking at all the woods, Riser and linb veneers is quite an experience and adds to the whle experience of Custom Bow Ownership. I felt good to help a friend find a awesome bow and at the same time help a local Bowyer continue his craft.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Stewart Bow Ordered
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »
Leon makes a mighty fine bow. Get your friend to post some pics of his when he gets it please.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline tukudu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
I was talking with Leon yesterday and he said that he really has some "eye candy" ready for Denton Hill next week. I am going to have to stay away from that booth.
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
I have to give one of my Stewarts to Leon to get refinished.  I have another 1pc longbow to put on a blanket.

Offline Steve G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »
Hey Tom, do stop at Leon's booth, as you will, and ask to see one of his bows made out of a "Local" Yew tree that grew here, a very old tree as I recall. The yew from that tree is really beautiful!  Also he's been doing some nice multiple wood risers lately that are great.

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
Tom,
     If one of Leon's new pieces of candy calls out to you at Denton and you can not resist,no worries.I will buy that snaked back of of you.

Good shooting,
                                        Craig

Offline deaddoc4444

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »
I just got a new Bow from Leon , in the begining of June.   It is by far the nicest bow I have ever owned  both looks and performance . Never owned a smother pulling bow .
    Can't make Denton this year as originaly planned. Would like to shoot it there    but have to settle for home back yard shots for now .
HH Big 5 71# @29
Damon Howatt/Hunter 50@28
Damon Howatt/Ventura 45@28
Damon Howatt/Bushmaster 60@28
Leon Stewart/Slammer 52@28
BIG EAST  45@28
Fedora Xtreme/Hybrid 50@28
   "Leiber Hammer als Amboss"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©