3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone From or know Oklahoma?  (Read 184 times)

Offline RecurveHunter01

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone From or know Oklahoma?
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
Hey everybody, I just graduated college and got a job in little rock AR.  The job is ok, and the money is on the low end for my profession but I love the state because I am surrounded by great outdoor opportunities- I love kayaking, canoing, backpacking, and yes the long bowseason is awesome.   But I just received a job offer in OK City, and I think I would like the job a lot more and the money is better but I know nothing of the place and honestly I have the impression of boring flat farmland with little national or public land and rivers.  Please tell me I'm wrong and it is an outdoor enthusiast's dream come true with great bow hunting!

Offline Tater John

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone From or know Oklahoma?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
The Ozarks beats anything in or around The Big City. Go check it out OKC is a fine town, probably five hour drive. I'm partial to Tulsa, career wise but my heart and my land is in Ozark Plateau of south central Missouri North Fork of the White

Rusty
"Mystic rhythms,Under northern lights or the African sun,Primitive things stir the hearts of everyone"

Offline bloodyarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »
South of OKC less then 2hrs and you can be in all kinds of good hunting. Public land good,good rivers,
Hunting The Way of My Ancestors
(The Traditional Way)

Eddie

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »
Plenty of public land bowhunting in Oklahoma but might not compare with what you have in Arkansas.

Offline k. sisco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
Ok City is great if you like blazing hot 100 plus degree weather. And tornadoes.
Other than that its real nice.

Offline Tommy Leach

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »
Recurve - checkout OK dept of wildlife website. We have public land all over the State and you can hunt about any terrain you wish. Deer season is 3.5 months and you can harvest five plus some bonus opportunities. I think we have about the same opportunities as you have in AR. Go check it out, you may be surprised. Tommy
Oklahoma Selfbow Society - Past President
OSS Founding Member

Offline rightminded

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
Recurve, i am from just west of Oklahoma City.  To be comparable to where you are currently, you would need to get a job in the Tulsa area or anywhere else in the eastern one third of the state.  That being said, i do not know what your job is, but there are many good companies in the City and everything else being equal its a good place to live.  If i were your age i would look to go to the mountains to live.  Good luck.  Oh, someone on here or one of the other similar sites recently moved to the Ada area from out of state.  You might do a search.

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
I just moved to Ada.  Really nice people and land out here.  More chiggers than I care for, but everything has a price.

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »
My sister lives in Norman as her husband works a OU, she is a native cheesehead like me but loves it.  I would gladly trade my cuurent VA for OK. Comancheria is a great place to hunt.....
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline OkieJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
There s alot of public hunting on the west side of the state. The terrian changes alot out here. We have sandhills, canyons, and in the panhandle you can stand on a tuna can and see 200 miles.

Offline recurvecody

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
you have to have a lot of patience to hunt in oklahoma.
pick a spot stupid!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©