3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NC boat hunts?  (Read 135 times)

Offline Jeff D. Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
NC boat hunts?
« on: July 15, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »
My limited budget and schedule are forcing me to skip my usual western adventure this fall, so I'm looking for suggestions on areas here in NC where I can use my 16' Carolina Skiff to access the hunt area for deer/hogs/bear and possibly camp out during the hunt.  Somewhere along a river, lake or even the coast.  I know of several such areas in SC and GA for deer and hogs but none here in NC.  I looked through the new booklet for special permit hunts but nothing was obvious.  Any suggestions?
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at     http://probow.discussion.community

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NC boat hunts?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
Roanoke river hunts I think are good boat hunts. friends did em last yr and had good success + fun. Not done a Roanoke so this is second hand thoguh I saw tthe results = horns.

Not sure about inland but alot of hunts off the water around here. Start exploring now - start by studying the game lands maps and scouting. Most any water way in my area passes through game lands - huntable lands. Haywoods landing is a good example! LOTSA good hardwood ridges out there and you can find good places to pull a boat up and make camp. agian scouting for yoruself.

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »
No hogs though? One time I went to an island iff of queens creek area that a friend said had hogs. I jumped them and saw sign though no shots.l I haven't been back since not sure if they are still there or not.
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
To reall y get in hogs your gonna need to go south of morehead city. cape fear has some gamelands I think. Roanoke is a good place for a float in bowhunt, I live about 45mins from there. Good numbers and some good bucks (for the area) along the river
"You can't make chicken salad outta chicken sh.........Poo"

Offline Jeff D. Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
Thanks Fellows, I need to load up the boat for a scouting trip.  My home office is in Greensboro so next time I'm there, I'll keep heading east to check out the areas mentioned.  It is good to have something to look forward to.....

Good hunting.
Jeff
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at     http://probow.discussion.community

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©