3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I am having trouble, can't seem to quit buying and selling Longbows!! *with pics*  (Read 441 times)

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I just picked up a new one from Northern Mist..curly maple w/ bacote riser. I am in love!

Wes Wallace, NM Classic, Hill Cheetah T/D, Hill Wesley, Hill Redman...and still a N. Mist string follow coming! I am addicted    :help:  

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Yes, you have a problem Matt,
I LIKE IT!
Keep it up.
Chuck
Something seems missing tho...I just can't place my finger on it.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
Thats a good problem to have.  I can't imagine the stress when you have to pick one to shoot or hunt with:)

Offline Day Dreamer

• Trad Bowhunter
Get yourself a Mohawk from Vince and you'll sell everything else.   :archer2:  

Nice collection you got there

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Your not having any trouble at all.Your doing just fine in my book.

Nice collection you got going!

Offline Jmgcurve

• Trad Bowhunter
:thumbsup:  Which one is the "go-to"? Man that Wallace looks sweet...
Life is not about surviving the storm, but learning to dance in the rain!
Blessed is the Nation whose God is the LORD,... Psalm 33:12

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
Nice looking bows! I've got a Wallace on order and have had several Hills now. Never shot a N.M.   :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
I had the same problem up till a couple of years ago.  There is a cure!  Start building!  Once you do that, you'll find that, even if they aren't as great as your customs, you prefer to shoot your own.   Then you build another, trying to get better, etc.   Haven't bought a custom since I started, and I always have a new bow to shoot.
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I feel your pain brother.
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
besides craigs web site, anyone know of another web site I could pick one up?....just dont see many listed on TG. Refering To HH bows of course. Theyve been calling for awhile, just didnt have the money to answer. If this was a hijack, then my apologies..let me know and Ill remove. thanks
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Howard Hill Longbowmen
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Offline newell38

• Trad Bowhunter
you need a whippenstick brotha!  especially one with the carbon matrix!
"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Endless loop strings, heavy bows, and wood and only wood arrows...my kind of archery!

Offline wisconsin wood butcher

• Trad Bowhunter
can i get a ride to the meeting?..HA nice bowsi hva e acouple more in mind too

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Northern Mist bows are great,you need to get a Superior........   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
The first step is to admit you have a problem....

Then, then admit you are powerless over the addiction.....

Lastly, blow off all the other steps. Because, you realize the disease is much more fun than the cure!
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Offline ken denton

• Trad Bowhunter
That is a great photo for comparing size and looks. Thanks for posting it. Ken
"Arrows into the wind", What a wounderful sight!!!

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
Dick is correct it is the only known cure.  It is however even more expensive and much more additive.  Haven't bought a bow in over twenty years.

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Well, I have bought and sold a lot of bows!

At this point, the wes wallace I just bought here on Tradgang, the redman I bought here for my wife, but the NM is custom with my custom grip, and the Hill T/D has the small sleeve with my custom adds, and the wesley is custom too.

I am a stickler for grip and fit, so I tend to not keep anything that doesn't fit MY feel. I know there are a lot of great bows out there, but after test driving a lot of them, you do settle on what you want and sometimes there aren't any used ones that fit the bill.

I will say that Chuck from Two Tracks makes a hell of a R/D longbow that I would say shoots and feels a ton like a wes wallace and I wouldn't mind one of them!

I really don't want a cure, and my goto bow all of a sudden is for sure that new NM classic. But honestly I can pick up any of them but the redman (only 40# and 64" I prefer a bit more), and go kill a deer no problem. They are all accurate, smooth, and quiet. The hills are more quiet than the wes wallace but that is the nature of the beast, and I think the arrows I shoot out of the wes wallace are a bit lighter so make a touch more noise. I would hunt with heavier ones. They all really shoot great with no perceptable difference other than the wallace is noticeably faster even with the heavier arrows.

Offline brinkwolf

• Trad Bowhunter
Well I have the same problem and my wife came up with a pretty good cure. If I buy a bow or anything that I enjoy, she goes shopping too. I got my new BW PLX tulip wood last Friday(she was there to help me answer the door). Needless to say Saturday evening the living room got redecorated. So no new bows for me for awhile.

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
all this comes from saving my pennies! I work from my monthly allowance!! LOL so I usually sell one if I buy one.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©