3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Buy my bow for me  (Read 1001 times)

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Buy my bow for me
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 09:49:00 AM »
Sent you a PM, but if you have to have a recurve....Zipper with the newer grip at 60 inches and 50lbs at 29in draw. Shot one a few months back along with some of the others on your list and really liked it...plus they make longbow limbs if you want to change out!

As an aside, I am suprised Zipper and Black Widow are both on your list. They seem to draw WAY different to me and I would think (JUST MY OPINION HERE) that two bows that draw so diferently wouldn't have made the same list.

Good luck and I vote for the Zipper, but encourage you to shoot ALL the bows on your list before ordering.

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
Originally posted by COLongbow:
[QB]
So, I'm asking you to tell me what bow to buy... and I will.

:dunno:      "[dntthnk]"  

Thats for you to decide.
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline riivioristo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »
Well, you want an opinion - Black Widow gets my wote here. But as the other members say, you need to shoot them yourself. Funny as it is, how so good bows can feel so "different" in each shooters hand, that one can call a certain bow "the best". Limb geometry, sweet spot and draw weight suitable to your style and strenght...blaa blaa blaa...sorry to get in preatcher mode..Black Widow as said - good luck !
You lost your money-you lost nothing, you lost your health-you lost something, you lost your personality-you lost everything...

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by Whip:
Trusting the opinions of others to find the perfect bow is almost guaranteed that it will end up not being the perfect bow for you.  

Bows are very personal choices.  I know plenty of people that rave about one bow or another.  But when I pick them up and shoot them they don't do a thing for me.  

That is why there are so many great bowyers out there.  And each and every one of them builds bows that are perfect for some people.  But none of them build a bow that is perfect for everyone.  The only way you will ever find yours is to try them yourself.
Well said Joe   :thumbsup:    :campfire:
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
If you had a choice of "Playboy's 12 best" to choose from? (oh, wouldn't it be great?) I'd bet 12 different guys would pick "the best one" differently.. Bows are like women, just because they look good doesn't make them best..for you..
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
I agree with Whip...go talk to Tom at RMSG. He has a ton of bows to try out, and is a great guy to talk to and is more than willing to spend as much time as you need to solve your dilema or at least get you going in the right direction. While you are there make sure you try out one of his Rampart bows, you may be surprised.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline MSwickard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
Go See Tom at RMSG....great selection of bows to try out.

Bows I would consider:

Wapiti...great hunting bow and Keith is located in lakewood, co....so you can easily have the grip made to order.

Rampart:  Also locally made.

Schafer:  Great checkered grip and great bow.

Best to try them out and you make the final decision.

Mike

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
I have quite a few experience on archery and i own 90 plus bows from old collector's to the latest custom.I love them all,it depend on the time and efforts you spend with a single bow.I had bows that I didn't love in the beginning and after few weeks of continue use they are become some favourites.I have rarely found a bow that it didn't suited me.It is just the time you want to spend with it.They are as good as you are.
Sayed that the new Zipper with evolution limbs is a GREAT bow.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline e alexander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
Some like low wrist, others med or high. For me the Schafer or the Widow with an Asbell grip has the best feel.

Offline arrowslinger22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »
If you don't try an RER takedown, you'll be missing one of the best available.
Only when the last tree has died
and the last river been poisoned
and the last fish been caught
will we realize that we cannot eat money

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
as others have said you owe it to yourself to try as many bows as possible and make a choice that suits you as an individual.
dont rely soley on what other people
say is the best for them
belive me i have been down that road and its expensive
many bowyers offer a try it before you buy program
you can try out a bow for a week with a deposit and send it back when you are thru and the deposit is refunded  minus shipping both ways
not a bad way to go in my oppinion
kevin

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
between what you have on the table i'd go with either zipper or a tip.both great bows.personally i have owned em all and my money would go towards a morrison shawnee so i could have both longbow and recurve limbs for it.but thats just me.you simply cannot beat morrison bows performance wise.period.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »
Zipper. 4 did I say FOUR different risers to pick from, new Evolution recurve limbs, longbow limbs available, great looking bows with an awesome grip.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
there are a ton of good bows available.  You need to go to some shoots and ask to try the all.  Don't leave out Predator bows.
ChuckC

Offline Lee Robinson .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2010, 01:44:00 PM »
You need to find what works for you. For example, a lot of people love Morrison's bows, and he is obviously a skilled bowyer, but I tried one of his bows from his inventory and later shot one owned locally and neither worked for me. I couldn't obtain good arrow flight from either unless I altered my grip to a position that I simply do not like. You have to find one that not only feels good to hold, but is also tillered for how you apply the pressure in your grip.
Until next time...good shooting,
Lee

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
From your list, I have a Widow PSAX and a Silvertip.  It's a toss-up.  That's my choices from your list.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2010, 10:48:00 PM »
You have a great list.  I like those.  Go shoot them.  I love the PCH.  Nice thing is BW has three grip options, and with CNC if you find a PCH or PSA to shoot and love the grip, they will make you one exactly the same.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
I have shot them all but the Silvertip, but the grip sure does look "friendly". My first choice would be the Tall Tines.......then the Silvertip.

Like many others have already said, what we prefer might not be to your liking.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline levibear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
I have a few bows, enough so my X wife commented to me once "why don't you take up something cheap like cocaine"  
      My recomendation has to be the black widow 60 in at 45 lbs...
Never trade time for money, cause when your out of time money don't matter

Offline B/W lvr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2010, 11:11:00 PM »
Since I own 4 of them the Widow PSA is my hands down choice I like the Asbell grip but Widow will give you whatever you want. Frank

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©