3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Feather quality ???  (Read 179 times)

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
Feather quality ???
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »
Anyone besides me have a problem with the quality of fletching lately? Two or three shots and webbing is breaking forward or coming off the quill. Doesn't seem to matter the supplier or the feather company. All have been extremely poor quality.

Danny
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Feather quality ???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline eric-thor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »
yes it seems to me its time for us to start looking at allternative sources and methods .

we are the consumer if we ahve a need and the industry wont meet it than we go somewear else.

like with cedar. you couldnt sell me a dosen cedar from the last 3-5 yrs they arent arrow grade  so it shoot sitca  and dug fir they are still a very good shafting.
form is everything! shoot well shoot hard.

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
Yes I have noticed the quality too.  I don't think its gateway or trueflights fault.  Its the quality they are getting from the turkey farmers.  They grow them fast and kill them young.  The feathers don't have time to mature.

Scott
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline 3arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
FL is a lot shorter now,better off buying cut feathers.
Believe in nothing,fall for anything

Offline Lee Robinson .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »
I hope this doesn't come off inappropriate. If so, by all means feel free to remove this post.

I still have a BUNCH of the "old" truflight feathers from when we closed our archery shop (KISA - Keep It Simple Archery). They are 5.5" LW parabolics. I have both solids and barreds. I myself am keeping all my 5" parabolic and full length stuff. If interested, they are reasonably priced, but I would like to get rid of them so by all means feel free to make a reasonable offer if you want the whole bunch.  http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=61;t=012007
Until next time...good shooting,
Lee

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©