3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone shoot techno hunt?  (Read 344 times)

Offline Chris Shelton

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone shoot techno hunt?
« on: July 19, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
I am kinda thinking this will get pulled, but I shot my first round of techno hunt yesterday and I got to say it was pretty cool.  for those that dont know techno hunt is a inside range where they project videos of animals on a white screen to shoot at. The rings are a bit different vs IBO because a bullseye is a heart shot vs double lungs.  I didnt do too bad, about 245 outta 500.  I think I should get at least 350 next time because it took about 20 shots to get used to the low light this past time!
~Chris Shelton
"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail"~Ben Franklin

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone shoot techno hunt?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
Techno Hunt is great fun.  I have shot it many times and I do so every chance I get.  It is really good practice for picking your spot and waiting for a clear shot.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ron+dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
ive seen em never tried though looks cool im just not much for video games
>>>--------> <--------<<<
" the happiness that is found sleeping under tents is unbelievable. one night in tents is worth three in town" -bruce chatwin in far journeys

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
We have one at our local archery shop. We used to have leagues that shot once a week. 3 man team with 10-15 teams. It was a blast. Great practise.
GLENN

Offline tradsniper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »
my local archery shop has one and its a blast to shoot
Fred Bear Grizzly 56" AMO 45@28
Fred Bear Montana 64" AMO 55@28

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Love techno. I have one opening up right around the corner from my house this week.
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline marsniper27

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
sound like fun now someone bring it to new brunswick preferably moncton.

Offline stevemfwills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »
ya its pretty fun
if we are not suppose to eat animals,then why are they made of meat

Offline Mike Theis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
I shot on that many years ago. It messed with me a bit, because I would adjust  for the perceived distance/size of the animal on the screen. Shooting instinctively, I would be shooting over the animal when presented on screen at a distance. When I reminded myself that the screen was 20 yards, and only 20 yards away, I scored better. This was disturbing, as it was tricking my mind and affecting my normal shooting. So I quit shooting with my compound buddies. If you remember, 20, 20 and only 20 yards, you'll do better. But is that really the way you want to practice?

Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but a bit disruptive to a regular routine.
If man were to know everything in advance, there would be no such thing as adventure!

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
I shot it in a league a few years ago, but the popularity slowed and the owner sold it.  My buddies and I would go very Thursday night for a good half hour of fun.

The shop had lots of tapes/discs such as Africa, deer only, Alaska, and several others.  He hinted that they were making a cowboy/indian version, but the politically correct crowd nixed that idea.

How much does it cost today to shoot for 30 minutes?
Lon Scott

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
Is it similar to the DART system? I used to shoot DART and it was great fun. Had to drive about 65 miles to near Corydon, IN to do it but it was much fun. I think they sold theirs too.

Does anyone know of anything like these maybe around the L'ville KY area?
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
Techno hunt has been popular in our town for a number of years. My trad buddies and I shoot it about 15 - 20 times a season. I shoot split vision and don't find it particularly difficult, unless you shoot just heads or select a disc called Little Critters. Techno hunt may help build some confidence or reveal you need more practice. It seems to be a worth while form of practice with an entertaining twist.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline 4 point

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
I shoot in a league every winter. It's a good time but when there is a animal that looks like it is way out there it will throw you off. I always shoot high. Must be fun we drive 2 hours every week to shoot.

Offline stickbowmaniac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »
Techno is very fun.My 11 year old is adicted.Every time we go to the bow shop he wants to shoot it.
Dryad Orion 58" 49#@28"
Static limbs
Kodiak Magnum    52" 50#@28"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
LOTS OF FUN !!

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 02:31:00 AM »
My son and I found one in a shop in Billings Montana one time. We shot for about 2 hours until I could no longer pull my 74# bow back. I'm glad they don't have one anywhere around where I live. I would hurt myself. it was a hoot

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 03:37:00 AM »
none around here.i used to shoot it in salem oregon at the proshop but they got rid of it i think plus its to far to go.fun though.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 04:02:00 AM »
would love to do that with that bow, here around they are only available for gunshooting, fun nevertheless.
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline Sheepshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
I shoot in a league all winter too. It's a Trad only league and we've been doing it for about 8-9 years now. My 13 year old also loves it. He's been doing it since he was about 5. We started on a DART system and last year was the first year on the Technohunt.

Offline huntnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »
When I go down to Bolivar MO. to vist my brother-in-law I take my bows and stop by the shop where he lives and shoot a couple rounds. Great fun
Bear Grizzly 50#@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©