3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "The Hard Way" ?  (Read 739 times)

Offline Chinook

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "The Hard Way" ?
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
I hunt public land all of the time, and I do not have any private land to hunt on.  Most of the time never get a deer, but, I do get to see my share and I love being out there in the fall to enjoy the land, the weather, and God's critters.
 I like to hunt with my recurve and to know I have to get close to make a clean kill shot.  I like to sharpen my own broadheads and to know that edge is as sharp as it can be and I put it there with my own hands.
I have never hunted over bait piles or feeders, unless you count that corner of that corn field !  OR that big oak !  
Around my area of Wisconsin the public land hunt is harder if you want an area where there are not a lot of other hunters.  But it is gratifying to put out that extra effort and get away from the others.
With the required efforts, the last couple of years I think my hunting skills have improved and lately I'm getting to get close to more and more deer - but in the last couple of years I'm also losing some of my urge to shoot them.  This year I'm taking the digital SLR along for the fall hunt.  Maybe I'll get to post some good pictures later this year on the site.
Chinook

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©