3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: grips?  (Read 140 times)

Offline huntnut

• Trad Bowhunter
grips?
« on: July 20, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
Do you guys put leather or other type of grips on your bows or you just shoot with a bare grip? I have noticed the my hand is sliding aroung shooting in the hot weather, I was thinking of putting a piece of leather or mole skin on my grip so my hand dosnt slip around as much.
Bear Grizzly 50#@28

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: grips?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
I leave mine bare and just wipe off my hands when they get sweaty.  It is tough summer of shooting here in KY right now with humidity and heat.  I also make sure I wipe downt he riser after shooting with furniture polish to make sure my sweaty hands don't damage the finish.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »
I like a leather grip on my longbows,and even better then a shur grip for when my hands get sweaty in the summer time.I just like a leather grip on my longbows.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
I either use a leather bow saddle from 3 Rivers or a rubber tennis grip wrap. I may stipple the grip on one of my bows and see how that works for me..

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »
My wife and I have wood grips on our DAS bows. They do slip when they get wet or when you shoot with a wool glove on. To solve the problem we just wrap some camo cloth tape around the grip about two turns. Solves the problem.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »
I like the leather on my longbows, although the grip on my recurve is wood. That said, I've just tried a Posi-grip from 3 Rivers on my TD 2 piece longbow. I like the feel and it certainly does not slip. Looks as if I can simply roll the grip up the handle, loosen the set screw and take the bow apart. Then reverse the procedure when I'm ready to put it back together. 98 degrees and 70% humidity has not made it slip. So far....   :thumbsup:
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline KEG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
I like leather on my longbows but just wood for recurves. I do have one bow that my hand slides up toward the shelf. I just use a golf glove for that one.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©