3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Re-water proofing boots  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Matthew D

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Re-water proofing boots
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »
Matty, you forgot the link...  ;)

Offline Duffy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »
I have tried bunches of stuff on leather but plain ole vaseline works about as good as anything else.                                                                                                                                                                     Duffy

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 01:46:00 AM »
I think we are talking about leather boots- but the question is about the 'guaranteed waterproof' boots that are not leather; but a man made material.
 I have snake boots like that; and light hiking boots. Both will if you go through enough wet grass or wet snow- get your feet wet.
 And although I have found an application of snowseal works- it- might not all day.
 I think they are designed to allow moisture OUT- and if you clog up the fabric; the inside moisture eventually seems to open it up - and the boots leak.
 My newest '100% waterproof' boots work pretty good; but not when continously getting wet...
  Not sure what is going on - but its consistant with numerouse types of 'waterproof' non leather boots........

:confused:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline trh1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 02:09:00 AM »
SnoSeal has worked for me. Clean boots with mild soap and water. Apply liberally and melt with a hair dryer. Two coats best. SnoSeal is mostly beeswax  It makes leather nice and supple. I got mine at a small mom and pop store. I have seen it at 2  of the big chain stores.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©