3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lets talk about rubber boots....  (Read 1206 times)

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lets talk about rubber boots....
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
I've got a pair of either the Lacrosse uninsulated Grange or Burleys that I've probably been using in excess of 25 years. (Can't remember which, I think one was 16" and the other 18"). Most comfortable rubber boot I've owned.  Last year I had to retrieve a big doe that was stubborn enough to expire in the middle of a shallow river.  The boots are starting to look about as old as I am, but my feet didn't get wet until I waded into water over the tops.  Even then, the tops were snug enough around my calves that very little water got in. Nuff said, I'll get another pair if these die before I do!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »
terry try diving boots they fit any shape foot and if its cold they keep ya warm. i wear mine when deer hunting and they are so comfy.  :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
another vote for the Lacrosse brand.  I have a pair of the regular green uninsulated and a pair of heavy insulated camo.  They both fit my small ankles nice and snug and although I bought them for hunting the flat crop fields of Indiana; they are comfortable enough and fit well enough that I'll be using them in the steep mountains of WV this year.
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »
Muck Boots are top notch. I got mine from the Muck Boot Outlet in Tenn. Free shipping. If they don't fit, send them back. 800 phone number. I didn't go hog wild, just bought a very basic camo pair for about $90.00. Have used them for two years. Most comfortable rubber boot I've ever worn. Easy on, easy off. Cabela's has them in their catalog. Heck Terry, I thought you were buying a pair when I got mine.

Good luck and "Keep'Um Sharp".

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
Another vote for Lacrosse, I have the Alpha's and also the heavy insulated burly's. Great fit, never a blister wearing them. The Alpha's are actually so comfortable, they feel like a high top running shoe !
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
Lacrosse Burleys are the only rubber boot that aint sock walkers, I have a pair of 1200 gr Thinsulate models that I can hunt all day in and not have the things dog walk my socks down.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline knobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »
If you're looking for a warm weather rubber knee boot, I'd recommend the "Alpha Burly Sport" for light weight and comfort. I spent a week in Alberta chasing moose over alot of country, and they were great.

Offline Jason Hansen

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »
You might want to check out Viking boots.  They are made in Norway and are great quality.
“That land is a community is the basic concept of ecology, but that land is to be loved and respected is an extension of ethics.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
I got myself a pair of muck boots.I wanted to try them before the hunting season. As I do all new things I get for the new hunting season.these boots are good in dry conditions an feel great on my feet.they are supper light weight.I was shocked to see how bad they performed on wet rocks.I almost busted my rear end several times while crossing a stream. they are very slipery. Iam going to see how thet do on a wet treestand about 1 ft above the ground.they do feel real good on the feet.It may just wind up being a good blind boot.

Offline stickbowhafe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
I have had lacrosse and cabelas brand rubber boots. I now had a pair of muck wood max boots and they are superior in my opinion and work best for me. I plan to buy the lighter version so I have warm and colder weather pairs.

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
Some form of Lacrosse would be a good place to start. The original non insulated fit like a second skin, definitely boot jack worthy.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline Tater John

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
Any opinions on Cabelas Pinnacle Zipper Hunting Boots with gore-tex and scent lock? Snakeproof uninsulated $149.00 I need a swampy boot this fall that won't eat socks or my feet,   :help:
Rusty
"Mystic rhythms,Under northern lights or the African sun,Primitive things stir the hearts of everyone"

Offline Cane Knife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »
Those BassPro ones with the zipper don't hold up well.

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
Terry, I swore by the old uninsulated LaCrosse "Burley" for years ... the old green boots with the narrow yellow stripe at the top.  They were my #1 choice for spring bear hunting and did surprisingly well during deer season.  BUT, I went through a period where they contributed to chronic leg spasms.  My calf muscles would often cramp up whenever I pulled, yanked, and otherwise tried to pry them off.  They fit tight.  I now use Muck Wetlands which seem to be a good compromise for me - no more leg cramps as they're very easy to take off.
Gary Logsdon

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
Many thanks guys....I'll take it all into advisement!.....much appreciate the 4 pages worth of info...surely I can find a pair that will work for me.

Thanks again.   :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
I was Cabibou hunting with some guys that wore Muck Boots all day long chasing Caribou, they loved them.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »
oops .. thats Caribou
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
Terry, MUCK boots.  Best ones out there that I have found.  I wear rubber boots nearly every day either between work or hunting.  These are the most comfortable, and the easiest to get on and off your feet that I have found.  I wear a pair hunting and can sit in a treestand from light till dark in temperatures that are just under 30 degrees.  I like them so much...I have a separate pair that I wear nearly daily while pouring concrete. The pair I have for concrete is 5 years old, and still going great.  The pair I have for hunting are around 7 years old...and they too are great.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
By the way...I do think rubber boots help cut down on ground scent but maybe not as much as people think.  I have a buddy who raised a racoon from birth.  He would go out every morning to hunt in the woods right around his house. He had over 20 treestands setup.  Eventually, after he had been in his stand for an hour or two...his girlfriend would let the racoon out of the house. He told me that in every single case, that racoon would track him right to his stand and climb up in the tree with him.  Did not matter which stand he was in.  Because of this, it is obvious to me that rubber boots do not eliminate ground scent...but I still think they help lessen it somewhat.

Offline David Sapp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »
One word.....

XTRATUFS

Love em, they are the wear anywhere rubber boot for SE AK. Nice fit and conform well without being all floppy at the ankles. They're good for stalking, quiet, and feel more like sneakers than rubber boots.

http://www.xtratufboots.com/product_info.php?products_id=82
Hunting with the bow and arrow involves earning your way by making meat, getting your hands messy in the process and then recognizing your own reflection upon them.
"The Squirrel Chronicles"
Dean Torges

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©