3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Cam Pics (Somebody Killed a Bear!!) Pics on Pg. 6  (Read 3359 times)

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Cam Pics (Somebody Killed a Bear!!) Pics on Pg. 6
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
Sorry it did'nt happen for you this year Brian. But great hunting and sharing the bait! And thanks for sharing the story with us all.  :thumbsup:  

Brent

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2007, 11:50:00 AM »
Great stories and pictures!

Bears are fun.

Thanks!
Bill
Aim Small

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
Brian...that's too bad...we are here in Sask and heading out this afternoon. My brother was at the bait site Friday and took in a large bag of day old doughnuts and 60 lb of meat and when he went back on Monday it was all gone...we are going out in the mud this afternoon...it is like soup everywhere out here. We will have to quad about a mile and then walk in about 300 yds...peregrine & shotgun in hand.I will keep this post going with updates.

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Bert Frelink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
Dennis,
Goodluck pick a big one, when you have a Perigrine in hand what do you need the shotgun for?
When you gonna be home? I need stuff.
Bert.

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
What do you need Bert??  I probably have it.  LOL!!!!

Any updates Dennis.
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »
Good luck Dennis and have fun Delin
Walk tall as the trees,live strong as the mountains,be gentle as the spring winds, keep the warmth of the summer sun in your heart and the Great Spirit will always be with you.

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »
Well, Dennis ought to be coming out of the bush about now.  Unless he is tracking a BARRRRRR!

I leave for the airport in a little over an hour, so I hope he posts soon.  I sure hope he didn't get eaten.  I would almost miss him.  My wife would miss being "accidentally" mistaken for one of my daughters on the phone when he calls.  LOL!!!!

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2007, 12:55:00 AM »
Heading for the airport in the morning as well, no bears here yet either. Sat twice and donated a bunch of blood. Had the bears eat my camera. Hope Dennis gets a crack at one!
Terry

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »
Partner just phoned after sitting tonight. More standing than sitting, the seat got eaten off his stand last night. Bait was cleaned out and ripped up. He had left his daypack hanging by his stand, it was ripped to bits as well. No bears again, but he is pumped for tomorrow, last day. It will be his first bear with a bow if it shows up. He can't believe how much food was inhaled in a 18 hour period. 100 loaves of bread, 50 lbs of oats and about 25 lbs of meat all soaked with grease. The grease must be bad, crap all over the place.

Terry

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »
Brian,
Thanks for the great pictures and stories.  That's one of the reasons I love this place.
Paul
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »
No bears to report even though the bait was eaten every night....thermacells worked great.

Bert...will be home Saturday pm...I will call you!!

Gotta love these Sask. farmers....

"shoot every bear you see"....he lost a cow calf pair!!

"I just bought 700 acres NE of here with a log cabin...come up late in the fall and shoot every wolf or coyote you see" He's putting cattle in there later....

He farms/ranches 15 sections....

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2007, 04:04:00 PM »
Dennis, are you working Sunday evening?
Flying back to Calgary from Kelowna, dropping milk in Vancouver first, may see you if you are.
Need to talk about the farmers.
Terry

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
Brian I also had a Bear Encounter I sat on Stand At FT Murray after work one nite a 4.5 ft bear arrived came to my stand woofed jumped up my tree twice then went to my friends  stand charged stand also jumping up his tree I finally decided that I should take out this trouble maker so I shoot the beast with my Stealth Recurve and A big snuffer apon the hit the bear ran 20 yards climbed a tree 10' stayed up tree 20 seconds then charged back ran up my frends tree my buddy had no choice but to shoot the bear in the face at 2' we have it on tape I will show it to you one day the arrow I put in the bear only took out 1 lung as I found out all bears are dangerous and are not to be trusted
Gord

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©