3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Cam Pics (Somebody Killed a Bear!!) Pics on Pg. 6  (Read 3367 times)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Cam Pics (Somebody Killed a Bear!!) Pics on Pg. 6
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
Brian,
That first bear comes in??? You better be shooting or I'll come up there and give a guest sermon at your church and run your whole parrish off for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »
Ray,

I don't think it is as big as it looks.  It is close to the camera.  It is a good bear, but it's head looks a little small yet.  I am not a seasoned bear hunter or judger, but I will have a P@Y scorer sitting in a stand right over my shoulder that will smack me if I don't take a shot on a book bear.  LOL!!!!  They might vote you in as pastor and run me off.  HA HA HA!!!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 12:25:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing. Those pictures really make me want to head back up north. It sure is beautiful up there.

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 01:01:00 AM »
Thanks Jason.

I really need to take some on the way into the bait pics with my camera to share.  

Here are a few more pics I found from my cell phone.  Some of them are black and white, because a setting got changed on my camera, but at least they are pics.  LOL!!!

This is the end of the line (Where I park)

Here is my faithful hunting companion.

Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »
This is the only bit of open ground I cross on my hike in to the bait station.  This picture is taken from the rear bumper of my truck.  It is pretty thick getting thru the bush.  I have broken lots of branches and small trees by buldozing them with my body while carrying a heavy pack.  LOL!!!  Even with the human bulldozing work, it is pretty thick.

I don't have any pics of the hike in.  Always in too much of a hurry to get the trips done back and forth from the truck to feed the bears and get back to the city.  I will try to get a few pics on the way in Tuesday to post.

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »
Here is the view of the bait barrel while "sitting" in my treestand which is about 7 feet off the ground BTW!  LOL!!  Sorry, but it is B/W.

This is the view when "standing" in the treestand.

As you can see, I have LOTS of cover.

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 01:23:00 AM »
Here is a picture from the treestand of a trail leaving the bait station that would be about a 5 yard shot to my immediate left!!!  There was a VERY FRESH pile of enormous scat right on that trail when I was there on friday.

Here is the man that drew me a sketch of this area that he used to bait several years ago.  He went with me to rebait on my second trip out there.  He carried bait in, hung the stands for me and as you can see in the pics trimmed shooting lanes for me.  The barrel I am using belongs to him as well.  I had a bit of a setback as I planned to bait a different area this spring and was just about to throw in the towel until the night at his house when he talked me into going out to this area.  This is a picture of the flat in front of me to the right uphill from the bait.

Thanks a bunch Gun!!!!!  I look forward to having you with me on Tuesday.  If I get to drop the string on one of those big ole popcorn munchers, much of the credit will go to you!!!!

Here is a pic of him out where I park by the well site.

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »
Nothing wrong with the black and white bro,,Good looking area, I've never been bear hunting. I wish you a safe and good hunt,, JB
TGMM

Offline Bert Frelink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
Hey Brian,
I know that spot!!!!!
Won't be up for a while, making dust every day.
Pick a big one, good luck
Bert.  :scared:

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
Brian, if Gun is any good, he will slip down and put the calipers on the bear before he tells you to shoot it. Make sure you video this procedure for me, that would be good watching.
Good luck on Tuesday!

Terry

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2007, 03:45:00 PM »
Terry,

I am going to let you describe that process to Gun.  I think it might get me a smack across the back of the head if I recommend it.  LOL!!!!

Thanks for the well wishes fellows!!

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Cutty47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
Thanks for the pics, Brian...

...so, you're going to hide in the barrel, right?

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »
cool pics mate but i would hate to run into one of those bears  :scared:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
Jeff,

The idea is to run into one with a broadhead tipped arrow, not your person.  LOL!!!  I almost got that reversed last year though.  I hope not to have that happen again for a LOOOONG time.  HA HA!!

In His service,
Brian Rice

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 12:31:00 AM »
Bert - Bet ya don't.  :)  
Terry - Funny! Is that how you do it?

It will be fun. We used to call this bait "Bearsville Diner". One year we had 13 different adult Bears coming with 3 different sets of Cubs. Approx. 60% were colored.
That Brian had 4 show up in a week is doin all right. It will only get better. Lookin forward to Tuesday!
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 12:55:00 AM »
Gun are you still planning on wearing that bear costume and laying down by the barrell with that open canister of Sow In Heat lure between your knees?????  Terry said that was the best way to get close enough to get a caliper on the skull when they come in!  LOL!!!

I am looking forward to Tuesday as well.  Give me a call tomorrow.

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline PatW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »
Brian I thought you said you were bringing Gun along to protect you from SPIDERS!!.Better bring a gag along so you don't scream like a girl if there is a spider in your treestand. Good luck on your hunt and we will see you when we get back.How were the morels?
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 09:50:00 AM »
I think that's a page out of Paul Brunner's Grizzly Bear Artificial Insemination Team handbook that Terry is describing, running up putting calipers on them, I'm just not sure you measure the same thing!

Good luck Carbie!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »
Pat,

The Morels were AWESOME!!!!!  I can't remember ever having so many I couldn't eat them all in one sitting.  There are NO spiders in the bush!!!  I keep telling myself that.  LOL!!!

Ray,

Did Paul need a stepstool to do that???

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »
Well guys I hope to have a story to tell some time tomorrow evening.

In His service,
Brian Rice

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©