3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Cam Pics (Somebody Killed a Bear!!) Pics on Pg. 6  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Cam Pics (Somebody Killed a Bear!!) Pics on Pg. 6
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »
I haven't worn the suit, I have rolled the barrel around to get the bear out of the scrub brush for a better shot. It was pretty neat having a bear shot 10ft away. The hunter was 15 yards from the barrel and the bear. I was across the barrel from the bear, rolling it away from the bear to get it to move into the open. There was no doubt about the shot placement from my position, we got to give chase and run it down before it decided that it wasn't hurt that bad. Get Gun to pull that one off for you.
Waiting for the story!
Terry

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »
Terry do you have access to a Bear Suit??  If so, what time can you meet us in Edmonton tomorrow??  We will supply the Sow in Heat lure and the rope to tie you to the barrell.  LOL!!!

I will even let you eat what you want out of the barrell while you wait for your "boyfriend" to come in for the shot.  We can get all the action on camera.  If I shoot one it would just be a bonus.  HA HA!!!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2007, 02:17:00 AM »
Here is Gun loaded down with Coffee Bean Bags full of popcorn for the trip in to fill the bait.

This is on the "trail" about half way into bait.

Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2007, 02:21:00 AM »
We had a surprise when we got to the bait.  Had a 2 year old cub on the bait that ran up a tree.  We waited until we thought he left.  We figured out a few minutes later that he was about 60 feet up in a tree less than 15 feet from the barrell while I was filling here.

Here is a picture of the little fellow on his way down.

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2007, 02:27:00 AM »
This is MOMMA who was up the hill from us and not happy that we were between her and the little one!!!!

She circled us going to where her cub went and was squalling for her.  She was in no hurry and we wanted her out of there, so we could finish baiting and get out to change clothes and get back to hunt, so Gun threw my bow hanger at her and actually threw it past her.  Did she run?  NO!!!!  She went to it like a dog playing fetch.

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2007, 02:32:00 AM »
She was a pretty bear.  We finally just got down and finished baiting before going back to the truck.

This is a picture of what they did with my play toys.  THEY RIPPED HOLES IN THEM!!!!  BAD BEARS!!!!

The hole in the blue drum and the white 5 gallon bucket were not cut by me, they were made by the bears.  If they don't start taking better care of their toys, I am going to take them away.  LOL!!!

Here is a good track on the trail on the way out to the truck.

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2007, 02:43:00 AM »
There was a bear on bait when we got close enough to see the barrel that took off.

Not 10 minutes after getting situated in the stand, this bear came in.

Here is a pic of it when it walked up the hill and left the bait for the FIRST time.

We were on bait from 5:30 to almost 10:00 and there was never a time that this bear was not within site for more than 20 minutes at a time.  It came to within 4 feet of our tree one time and I thought it was going to get up on a log and swat at us to play with it before it got scared and backed up.  Remember, I am 7 feet off the ground.  LOL!!!  When it came to bait the first time it started by picking thru meat scraps in the barrel and taking the ones it liked up the hill near us to either eat them or leave them lay on the ground and go get another.  Later, it would lay down behind the barrel and eat popcorn for long periods of time.  It was still on bait when we came down and went out to the truck.  It just looked at us as if to say, "see ya later!"  Had a great time with lots of excitement, but alas no bears showed up that I wanted to drop the string on.

Here is another picture Gun took of our friendly neighborhood circus bear.

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2007, 02:46:00 AM »
Unfortunately the idiot that set the trail camera on Friday left it on AIM instead of ON, thus NO PICTURES AND A DEAD BATTERY!!!!!  I will remedy that on friday!!!!

I have some videos of the circus bear and may put them up later if I ever fugure it out.

Had a great time tonight!!!  I wanted to get out of the stand and wrestle that stupid bear a few times, but I still had a great time.  LOL!!!!

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »
Brian, That is awesome! Regardless, that it some great footage you got there. Thanks for the fun   :)  

Shell (on hubby's login)
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
If you decide to wrestle it, make sure Gun gets it on film. That would be worth some money I bet.    :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
Awsome Brian!!!!!!!  Hope you get a big one!!!!!

Gotta love those trail cams!!!!!  keeps you in the woods when you can't be there in person!!!!

Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
wow really nice but scary   :scared:

I would have been climbing up the tree f it was me
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
Brian, You know you're killin me here. I have to wait 3 1/2 months before I can watch the circus.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »
Very cool! Not a dull moment the whole time. Has your heart come down out of your throat yet    :eek:  
It wouldn't be the worst idea to carry a couple rubber blunts in case he wants to get a little too friendly. This really gets me pumped for when I draw for a black bear in Wisconsin in a couple years. Look forward to more action from Alberta! Cheers, Matt
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »
Thanks guys and Shell.

Carrying heavy packs and getting woofed at by Momma Bears is a good stress test for the heart every year.  LOL!!!

I WILL have a rubber blunt in my quiver next time just incase.  I would hate to shoot one at a animal, but I would rather do that, than have to kill a smaller bear that gets a little too friendly.

If the circus bear comes in on friday, I should get some better pictures of him or her post mortum.  I am bringing a friend with me that has never shot a bear, and this one would sure make a nice rug and a GOOD first bear for anybody.  It would be a good 4th or 5th bear for anyone, I am just being PICKY!!!  LOL!!!

I kept trying to get Gun to climb down and put the cliper on it's head so we would know for sure what it would score, but that didn't happen.  I sure wish Terry would have come up in his bear suit last night.  THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE FUN THAN IS PROBABLY LEGAL!!!

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
Couldn't come up there Brian, I was packing groceries for the bears a little further south.
A bridge washed out turning the pack into a 2 miler each way. 100 loaves of bread and 50lbs of meat. There are some bears on that bait as well, they just sat and watched the delivery guy who left his bow at the truck. I would have calipered 1 if the bow had been with me, I just got to woof him up a tree as it was. He returned the favor and woofed me back to the bridge.
Terry

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »
You let me down Terry!  LOL!!!

I hope you shoot a big one.

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
The "Friendly Neighborhood Circus Bear" wasn't so friendly tonight!!!!!!  She charged me while I was trying to bait tonight and I had to put her down.  She is a beautiful bear, but I hate it had to happen like this!  I buy another tag tomorrow and hopefully get a chance to get a big one with the Border Griffon GL Monday.  Had to put a slug in this one as she charged me at about 12-15 feet.  You guys that are baiting bears be careful out there.  I would have never dreamed in a hundred years that "THIS" bear would get aggressive to the point of trying charging me at a full run!!!  THEY ARE WILD ANIMALS and treat them as such.  I let my gaurd down with this bear.  I used to say I dind't even have a healthy fear of Black Bears, I DO NOW!!!  She has the thickest pretiest coat I have ever seen.  I will post more later.

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »
Glad you're ok Brian!
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
Yeah, glad you're ok. That's too bad that that was the case. They definitely are wild animals, even though they seem to act like pets some of the time. At the same time that you had to put this one down it's nice to just be able to go down and buy another tag. Back in Wisconsin you'd have to wait another 5-9 years to get another tag. Again, glad to hear you're alright and look forward to the rest of the hunt. Cheers, Matt
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©