3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Cam Pics (Somebody Killed a Bear!!) Pics on Pg. 6  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Cam Pics (Somebody Killed a Bear!!) Pics on Pg. 6
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »
Well, just talked to Delin and he should be here about lunch time tomorrow.  This will be FUN!!!

I look forward to meeting him and to the fun, food, and fellowship tomorrow.  Oh yeah, I look forward to us killing a couple of bears too.  LOL!!!

Morning Star,

I have kept my guardian angels busy this spring.  LOL!!!!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »
My mother and my wife both figure this is going to be a good way to get rid of me so they are all for it
Walk tall as the trees,live strong as the mountains,be gentle as the spring winds, keep the warmth of the summer sun in your heart and the Great Spirit will always be with you.

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2007, 02:49:00 AM »
Good luck Delin! if you have time for a coffee on the way through Red deer in the morning, give me a call, I get off at 8:00a.m. could meet you at Tims on the south end for 20 minutes. Have an extra box of bait you guy's can use if you want it. If not, my bears get it!
Terry

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2007, 03:25:00 AM »
I will let Delin tell you the story later, but here is the results from tonight!!!

Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2007, 05:41:00 AM »
Sweet!! Story time   :thumbsup:  Look forward to hearing about the hunt! Cheers, Matt
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »
Drum roll please........    :clapper:  for the cold-blooded calculated dispatcher of yogi!!!

Offline Bert Frelink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »
Goes to show you, good stuff happens to good people!!!!!
Nice going Delin.  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:    :archer:

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
Great Job Delin!  :readit:  Conrats to your both.

Brent

Ok, wheres the rest of the story?

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »
Tick, tock, tick, tock.......
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »
Delin is going to do the story when he gets back home...about a 6 hr drive...I think they are still having coffee around Brian's table!!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »
Congratulations!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
Actually, we were eating PANCAKES & BACON!!!!!!

Delin should be along this evening to tell the tale.  We got home about midnight last night.  We skinned his bear, got the hide rolled up to put in the freezer, and put the quarters in the freezer to cool down while we went inside and ate a big plate of speghetti.  By the time we got done cutting and packaging the meat we were cleaned up and ready for bed about 2:00am.  We were up after 7:00 and Delin and I cooked breakfast for my wife and girls.  We had a great time.  I don't envy his 5 hour trip home.  He presented me with a BEAUTIFUL little Soligen Steel Stag handled pocket knife this morning as a thank you gift.  I LOVE IT!!!!  I almost forgot the delicious pies he brought with him for us when he came yesterday.  MAN THEY WERE GOOD!!!!!

I will post more later after he has a chance to get home and get to telling the tale.  I think I enjoyed watching everything unfold last night as much or more than Delin enjoyed it.  If you could have seen his face and actions before, during, and after the moment of truth; you would know that was quite a lot.  LOL!!!!

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »
Well I'm home thanks again Brian for the hospitality and thank your lovely wife and girls for treating a stranger like family.well I guess every one is waiting for the story. Well Brian and I walked in to the bait filled the barrels and walked back to the truck to get our bows and hunting clothes when we returned we walked in quietly so as not to desturb any one hanging around. We climbed into the treestand, no easy feet for me since I am a flatlander and am not even use to seeing trees never mind being in one and to boot I have a very healthy fear of hieghts. No sooner than we both got into the stands Brian whispers "here they come " and all of a sudden there were 3 bears Brian still had his pack on I was still clinging to the tree for dear life. Keep in mind we had only been in the stand about two minutes. Now when my heart returned to my chest I sat down and we started observing the bears meanwhile Brian dropped his seat pad and the bears didn't even look up. After watching them for 3 or four minutes we realized there was one with a beautiful white triangle in the middle of her chest. We figured these were the 2 year olds Brain had seen earlier but with no sign of mama he figured she gave them the boot. I told Brian if the one with the white spot gives me a clear shot I would take it. Because of the angle of the 2nd treestand and my lack of skill in a treestand I couldn't shoot while the bears were on bait almost as if the bear heard us it wondered over to the empty popcorn bag Brian had placed last week it sniffed the empty bag turned around and walked broadsideto me at about 10 yards (even I couldn't miss at that range!!!!) my arrow went into the bear a little high and forward but on impact the bear spun around like a remote control car with the arrow looking like the attennea, the bear took off and ran about 15 yards and crashed within sight of the stand the other two bears scampered up the tree like their butts were on fire about 2 minutes later one came down and resumed eating his fill the other bear was kind of a baby and stayed in the tree for probably another 10 minutes before finally coming down and running off into the bush. Meanwhile we were high fiveing and I even forgot I was sitting way up in a tree. This was my first bear hunt with my bow and even though this is a small bear it is a world class trophy in my eyes. Finally when Brian figured I was composed enough not to fall on my head climbing out of the treestand we got down to move my bear to under the treestand in case another bear came in. Brian took the picture you saw my bow was still up in the treestand. and then we got back up and waited anxiously for another bear to come in I was so high on adrenaline the next four hours went by fast and although we didn't see another bear it was worth it to sit and contemplate the greatness of nature and the wonders and beauties around us all the time being mocked by P&Y squirrels and one that might even make Boone and Crokett I'll tell you they are lucky I was on shotgun duty and had lowered my bow with the judo on it or they would've attacked us for the last time.  When we gutted the bear back at the truck we found my srrow had just nicked one lung but destroyed the heart and hit the corated (sorry for the spelling) and had hit the opposite shoulder the arrow had broken off but we found both pieces and continued to pick out wood splinters from my cedar arrow most ofthe time we were butchering. I used my 49# Cari-bow Siver Fox with homemade cedar arrows and 125gr zwiggy heads. I have dreamed of a hunt like this all my life and I will remember every detail forever Thanks again Brian for making a stranger feel like family I am still on an incredable high and I feel better than I have for years.  Delin
Walk tall as the trees,live strong as the mountains,be gentle as the spring winds, keep the warmth of the summer sun in your heart and the Great Spirit will always be with you.

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »
Congrat Delin!! Nice bear! Great story. I'll bet that snile doesn't come off your face for a month.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Frank AK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »
Its an awesome feeling isnt it! CONGRATS TO YOU!!!

Oh and one tip. I feel like I am going to fall out of my treestand unless I am wearing my saftey harness. Once that is good to go I feel like I could dance up the tree. I jsut bought a gorilla 5 point saftey harness. It works excelent and there is a climbing line and a up in your tree and set up line that you use. One of the best investments I have made over the little crappy one that came with teh stand.

Congrats again!!!
130lb Alaska State and Regional Wrestling Champion.

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »
Now I feel alittle better in a stand and I might even use one this fall now all I have to do is find a tree LOL

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2007, 12:32:00 AM »
I have been out all day since right after you left Delin.  Glad you made it home o.k..

I have to get in bed in a bit, but I just wanted to commend you on the excellent story telling and excellent shooting last night.  Did you get the hide to the taxidermist yet???????

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »
Congrats Delin! Great story tellin!!

Good on you Brian!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline W.Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2007, 07:39:00 AM »
congrats on the Bear........

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2007, 08:03:00 AM »
Not yet they were closed when I got home yesterday so its in my freezer and I'll call him on Monday

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©