3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: If You Remember Barb Dumas (more pics added 07/28)  (Read 692 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: If You Remember Barb Dumas (more pics added 07/28)
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 08:11:00 AM »
Thank you -  :archer:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »
You're right Berni, it doesn't seem like it's been 6 years.    :readit:

Reading from the old thread that David brought up, there's a lot of people that we don't hear from anymore...makes me wonder how many would still be here if Barb was still with us,...she was an inspiration.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
I happen to know she felt exactly that way about you too, Ron. Water will find it's own level - (sometimes when you are in a canoe and least expect it   ;) ). Thanks for adding your comment, my friend.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline twigflicker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
Always loved her wit... especially when she and Killie would "team up" as David said...

She always did some beautiful work with the beading on quivers... Man oh man, time sure flies by...

Thanks for the memories Bern...

Jonathan
TGMM - Family of the Bow
PBS Associate

Offline AKCrazyhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 02:56:00 PM »
There never was before, had never been until that time, and will never be again, anyone that could make a quiver as beautiful.  I didn't know Barb personally (and I feel a poorer person for that) but understand that her artwork couldn't hold a candle to her personality and soul.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »
Lots of folks we know are a Hoot, Barb was a Hoot AND a Holler, (with a heart of gold).

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline The Talon3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »
The new home for Texas Slim. Killdeere notice all the red in the quiver.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »
I love it, Roger, (Killie will too, I'm sure). Makes my heart smile, and really looks like a good home. I think "he" and his elkhide case will feel right at home.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
Barb was dear to my heart, good stuff!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 04:57:00 AM »
Slim is gonna feel right at home there.

Killdeer    :)    :wavey:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2010, 06:01:00 AM »
And another "Simply pretty" picture, huh, Killie. From our e-mails back and forth (a lot, this past week) I truly think Roger is a kindred spirit. I couldn't be happier about this "classified affair" -   :archer:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 06:09:00 AM »
Oh, I've also done my best to set Roger on a collision course with our very special (nutty) friend, Dano (also in NV).   :D  

Just so folks know, Roger has "thrown in" a couple of very nice acts/"sweetners" for me also.   :notworthy:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline The Talon3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
Texas Slim is home.  :bigsmyl:  I could not be happier.  :bigsmyl:  

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
I missed this last picture, Roger. It looks great - and as we thought - right at home. Great pic, my friend. Thank youy for the "side-arm" (hand crafted, high quality slingshot, with wood burning of a jack rabbit on handle) that came  with the shipping fees. I'm impressed with it.

(I think I'll put this pic on My Facebook, to follow up the FDs I used for the ad.)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »
I traded a bow with Barb...still have it too.  But the amazing thing is I bought a Black Bear hide quiver from her.  Not sure if there is anything to this...but it seems I've had a good string of luck arrowing black bears ever since  ;)  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
You're a lucky fella, Doc. Barb sure hated sewing fur! She would love all the red fletching that adorns Slim's new home, though.

I have an otter skin quiver that I bought from her, and her red arrows rest in that. I know that she must have cussed a storm putting that thing together.   :D

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
I remember that, Killie. Barb did one for me out of a all white Fallow Deer hide that I had traded some arrows with Country Girl (Dina) for. It was a beauty with some beautiful beadwork of Roses (because of my wife and my love of roses also) on the strap. The white really made it come out a tad "sporty" for me, though it was beautiful. Later on I gave it to a Lady named Ruthie who was just entering trad archery. She told me on My Facebook, just the other day, that it is still hanging on her wall, and she may yet get back into archery. BUT how Barb groused about making fur quivers. She had good reason - her arms would rash up every time she did, and she'd get the sneezies.

Here is a pic of that one, with some of her red feathers in it. They were just a little heavy for me so I passed them on to Killie, except one she gave back to me. (and some other quivers she made - for those who haven't seen them) :

This is The Lakota Plains style Barb made for me, as a surprise. (I still have it and have affixed the very special "Warrior Feather" to it that Killie made me for me, for my service to our country):

This is Barb's personal Back Quiver that I got from her boyfriend after she left us. (This one I use, and really like, at all the big shoots I go to  - to take Barb along. I've added a Dinosaur pin that my wife gave me, and some other patriotic stuff now, that you see in more recent pictures):

Barb hated to have her picture taken (like my Rose) but she got Rick to take this one for me, as a special favor:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Terry Riley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 01:35:00 AM »
I remember her well. I really enjoyed here wit...she was quite a character. Many fond memories. The bow in her hand in the picture above was my hazelnut selfbow backed with python from Africa.

Terry

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 05:33:00 AM »
Thanks, Terry - I knew that question was asked at the time the pic first showed but I couldn't remember now whose it was, or exactly what the exotic snakeskin was. It's a beauty and I know she was proud of it.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »
Not only do I remember her but I miss seeing her unique creations and her zeal for trad archery
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©