3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Ugly truth about Traditional Bowhunting...  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Ugly truth about Traditional Bowhunting...
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »
Good looking buncha guys. Except that smaller guy. He kinda looks like one a them surfer dudes from the west coast. Nice smack-down on the bunny there Norb! I'd have like to been in that camp! Did Norbert have to make a quict thip to the Hospital to get this trip started off with a stich?   :saywhat:    :goldtooth:  CK

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
Glad to say it all went off without a stitch ....er hitch. Bluegrass, that's my TimerGhost bow you were asking about made by Kent Roberts of RidgeRunner Bows. A few Tradgangers have them on order right now. That rabbit is the first game ever taken with his new longbow limbs. LeRoy, ask Bob W. what he thought about the 54" recurve limbs    :saywhat:  

Tippit, seems like I keep following you along the trail. We need to meet up one of these days. Bosox fans gotta stick together you know! I grew up in Pawtucket, RI going to Pawsox games.

Ray's place has tons of hogs. Sign was everywhere and we saw several. Drought conditions were keeping them from active rooting and the dry blackberry vines    :mad:  didn't help sneaking.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »
Norb, nice bow ...ya gone mount that rabbit!!!   :bigsmyl:      :D      :wavey: ...couple more and ya got the making of good rabbit stew for sure!
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »
The guy in the middle of the first picture. I think I've seen before somewhere. Must of been in the post office! Then again it may have been on the wrong side of the border.

Mugg shots!

Brent  :jumper:

Offline Cutty47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »
Great thread and I love the looks of that timberghost with the longbow limbs...kind of reminds me of a Death Adder with more sculpted lines...

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »
I was thinkin I had seen all three of them fellers on Milk Cartons  :scared:

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »
Vance,  Milk Cartons...them fellars might be lost but Not kids  :knothead:  

HO'NEHE JEFF,  Don't worry about the bears.  Bob should have that out of his system by the 4th of July...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline JiminTexas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »
Oh my! I have become the type of man that my Mother warned me about associating with.
Younger money, faster whiskey, older women and more horses.....or something like that..

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
Great read Norbert!  What was that little furry critter you called a fox squirrel?  I saw an animal like that down in Mississippi a couple years ago and didn't know what the heck it was.  Doesn't look like what we call fox squirrels up here in the north!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »
Gotta get the real scoop from Ray. He's quite the naturalist. We spotted a small black animal and I thought it was a mink or weasle. Ray told me it was a fox squirrel. They have a hunting season but this was not it. I stalked up to 10 feet and took some pics. It's a pretty darned big squirrel. The females are grey bodied with black highlights on the head. We saw a bunch of armadillos and could have shot em easily. So easy I couldn't convince myself it was the right thing to do. Ray said we could and probably should shoot them because they eat lots of quail eggs and they hunt this property for quail too.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
Whip, sometimes the guys around here call them cat squirrels because they are as big as a small house cat.

They come in all variety of colors: That one was the most striking I have ever seen- all black, except the socks, face mask, and tail tip were white.

They come with tan bodies, and the extremities black sometimes, and other times they are the color of a silverback grizzly with black tips, and I've even seen an all white one - not an albino, just a white one, with black feet, tail tip and face mask.

They are really something to watch..and they act much differently than regular gray squirrels.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
these two guys were a blast..I hope they come back again. We've had the feeders off for 8 weeks due to turkey season and it showed. the p-i-g hawgs are scattered all over the place - we are turning them back on this week so things should get back to normal again soon.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »
That has to be what I saw!  We were in a van full of people and I saw it run across a lawn.  Nobody else saw it, and I described it as a giant squirrel with a raccoon face.  Thought there was some animals with love interests in other species going on down there or something.  :eek:    Nobody else in the van believed that I saw anything - I don't get that?  :confused:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2007, 08:58:00 PM »
Hey Norb, I leave for a day and you post a pic of my ugly, evil twin, LOL! It was a pleasure to share a hunt with you again, even though you cost me another $350. by letting me shoot those 54" limbs, but as you know it was well worth it!

Gents, I had a great time, as good as I've ever had on a hunt. That was one of the most awsome cypress swamps that I've ever had the pleasure of walking through, abundant with wildlife and full of nature's beauty.

Ray, thank you for having us down, my friend. You are a gracious host and I sincerely hope I have the opportunity to share camp with you again.
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Oh, I almost forgot, Wolfman Jeff, you don't have to worry about any bears when you come, cause the snakes done et em all. In fact, look what Ron and I found when we set the blind that you'll be hunting out of when you get here.......

So you may want to go ahead and buy those snake boots after all, LOL!!!!!
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
On Second Thought You better get a Snake Tent.  :readit:    :saywhat:    :biglaugh:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »
Bob, what the "bleep" is that??????????

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »
STEAK.....Tastes like CHICKEN  :biglaugh:

Offline flinch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 11:16:00 PM »
Do you guys use turbo-fletched arrows that gain speed down range?   In the Ozarks, they call bowhunters like that tick bait?   Hope you are having as much fun as it looks.   Every road trip should have a photo album scrapbook and gifts for the ladies when you get home.   Luck.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »
thank god!!! i am glad you showed me one of your snakes why they are just wussies!!!!!! down under they have real snakes i feel most relieved. thank goodness i am meeting you in new zealand. and not in the states ron you had better give me a shot gun when i come over LOL!!!!      :biglaugh:            :biglaugh:      why you fellars aint right in the head. LOL!!! oh by the way bob can you skin that for my bow? crap thats a big mother after seeing that i am tree stand hunting.
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©