3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow ?  (Read 114 times)

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow ?
« on: July 23, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »
I have some Radial X Weaves in Pro 300 that I robin hooded( from the wheelie days) and they are 31" long and the last 6" is messed up.I was going to cut them down past the 6" part making a 24-25" arrow for the kids.What would they spine out to at that length? and what should I put up front for a 10yo to hunt squirrels and other small game(25-30# bow)Thanks for you anticipated cooperation and help with this.   :coffee:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow ?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »
I think they will be very stiff,no real way to measure unless you make a smaller spine tester.For weight up front,thats a tough question.Depends on the bow,if it is a longbow not cut to center I don't think you could add enough weight.A stiff arrow like the will deflect on the riser and not flex around it.I had some carbons the were cut just past my draw length and they were showing stiff.So I tried adding more weight up front and the worse they go,they were bouncing off the riser and not flexing around it,this was an off center cut longbow.What I did when stiff arrows from my whell bow days was to make them into flu flu's.I think they will be really stiff for a youth.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©