3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: sick of the usps  (Read 493 times)

Offline stevemfwills

• Trad Bowhunter
sick of the usps
« on: July 23, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
well have been waiting patiently for a bow i bought from a gentleman on here and havent recieved it yet.he sent it to me priority,so it should have only have taken 3 days top now im setting on the fifth day and nothing.tracked the package and it says it hasnt moved from where he sent it from.called the post office and all i got from them is a bunch of attitude and excuses.i am so glad it is insured.i mean the package was 4 hours from me when it was sent,my m.o.made it there in 3 days and wasnt priority.whats the deal...anyone else had to deal with this..are there any other ways to send bows that wont cost a fortune to deliever,,sorry about ranting
if we are not suppose to eat animals,then why are they made of meat

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: sick of the usps
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
I've had nothing but good luck with them, Bows,arrows,and other stuff here lately as far away as New Zealand.

Hang in there but I know it's hard when you want something so bad.  :goldtooth:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
Of the hundred or more bows I have shipped or had shipped to me by USPS most have arrived in 3 days or less.I have had a few oddballs take 5-8 days though that were shipped 2 day priority.

Hopefully it shows in the next few days.

You might ask to talk to the Postmaster where the bow was shipped from if possible or the Postmaster at your local USPS Office for assistance.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
When you deal with millions of packages a year a few are going to go astray.  Just the nature of the business.  I have had great luck with USPS and use them a lot for shipping my products.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
I had a bow I shipped to Kentucky from Missouri and it took 14 days, Priority mail.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »
I like them - it really is very impressive how fast packages move (few exceptions) - they can get it 400 miles in a day, delivered. We always hear about the bad, rarely the good - sorry you had issues.

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
How far in the sticks is the post office or even your house,Things like that make a difference.They may not have a truck heading that way for a day or two.Patience is a virtue,good things come to those who wait.Don't have a cardiac event over it or you won't be able to shoot it when it gets there.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline stevemfwills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »
i mean whats the point of paying for the service im not recieving...i also had a string sent to me that i didnt recieve and they said it was my problem last year.ive had nothing but bad expeirences with them..
if we are not suppose to eat animals,then why are they made of meat

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »
Steve you could do a lot worse with some of the other shipping alternatives.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »
Not only that, but their prices are going up on a regular basis too.  However, (sad to say) I think they are the safestt and most timely package delivery service available.
Lon Scott

Offline recurve_shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 02:43:00 PM »
Don't worry too much about the no shipment status with the tracking #, it may not be as bad as it seems.  I've had packages arrive while the usps website was still showing them at the point of origin.  Aside from that, I've always had pretty good luck with them.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
USPS does good but they are not perfect.I sent andd have recieved many bows and items without a problem.But I bought a bow here last year and sent the money order in a Priority mail envolope,he sent the bow the same day and I recieved it in two days.But the money order took 17 days for him to recieve it.He said it musst have gotten stuck in their machine and ripped it open.But he did finally recieve it,he was very patient and a great TG member.I was in constant contact with him,but it all worked out.

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
I always tell the story of the usps employee stealing a bow I shipped, she asked what was in the package and value, it never arrived, i filed a claim which was paid not for the insured amout but at what THEY appraised it at, then my bow showed up at a archery shop in a town 30 miles away, it was a LH 60lb longbow, pretty unuseable for them so they traded it for a rangefinder.... even after reporting this and going through the whole deal she is still employed there.... i wont ship ANYTHING on usps since then
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline COMPOUNDLESS IN CONCRETE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 02:56:00 PM »
I have had good and bad luck with USPS, UPS, FedEx, but I think the best overall has been USPS.  UPS smashed a box of mine from 3Rivers that had weight tubes in it.  Luckily none of them were broken, just "precrimped" for keeping them snug inside the shafts.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh to the father except by me."  John 14:6

Offline LostNation_Larry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 02:59:00 PM »
I feel your pain.  It always seems like the urgent packages get lost.

The USPS does not offer tracking.  The delivery confirmation number only tells you when it was delivered. UPS can tell you every stop a package makes, USPS does not make that information available.  I don't know if they even have it.

The cheapest way to send a package is UPS Commercial to Commercial.  In other words, find a company with a daily UPS pickup and have the package shipped UPS and delivered there.  UPS gives commercial a better rate and you will have online tracking.  The challenge is finding such a place that doesn't mind receiving your packages.  Do any of your buddies own businesses near you?  The bowyer still has to find a commercial drop off in his area (UPS store will accept the package but if you ship with them you pay their rate) and he might charge you extra for the trouble.  Everyone wants to get paid for their effort.  The bowyer can setup an online account with UPS but he still has to get the package to them.  You pay a premium for a pickup.

Best of luck.
www.lostnationarchery.com
Where "Traditional" means "Personal Service."

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 02:59:00 PM »
I do a lot of shopping on-line so that means I have a lot of packages shipped and I have to agree with you here.  The postal service is becoming a joke at best.  The amount of packages that have been lost or destroyed in shipping is ridiculous.  Thank god for shipping insurance and understanding people on the other end.  Just hope it doesn't get delivered to the wrong address.  I had a couple packages delivered to the wrong apartment in my building I used to live in.  The thing about that is you're just out of luck because the tracking number says it's deliverd so the sender has no way to know if you're lying and as you said the post office doesn't care.  I hope your experiences are better than some of mine.

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
also to throw this in, we ship alot of packages daily here at work, and have found usps least trustworthy, ups is good but wont pay thier claims or honor on time gaurentee's  fed ex is by far our best small package carrier..
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline wds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
If you buy a money order from a teller at the post office and you put it in a envelope and they say may i put that in the mail for you. say no. And drop it in the mail SOME WHERE ELSE.

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
The last three packages I've sent Priority Mail took 7+ days ... but they did arrive.  I have one out now and I hope it will make it unscathed also.  I feel your pain, it used to not be this way.  

As has been said, the number means nothing - you can't track with it and the P.O. will tell you it is not a tracking number.  I am sure that number means something and most likely they can track with it - but you cannot and they will not do it for you.  I've never fussed about that part even though in the technology age I think it is unexcuseable.

Basically just relax for now.  You are not alone and it is becoming more common.  I wish they would take the 2-3 day sign for Priority Mail down.  But if you look close or question them that is not a guarantee, just an estimate.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 05:00:00 PM »
I have been working six days a week in hundred-degree heat, and I am a little cranky.   :readit:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©