3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: North Carolina coastal archers  (Read 37811 times)

Offline STOBBER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: North Carolina coastal archers
« Reply #180 on: August 07, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »
Steve says he's bringing his recurve this year..i think he has seen the light!
He was the last to show up and the first to be converted.

Offline Larry247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
I've done so many differant things its hard to remember.How about( JACK OF ALL TRADES AND MASTER OF NONE...). My last... was a police Ociffer, and it was almost my last( period)

no regrets though...
A trophy is in the eye of the beholder.

Offline STOBBER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
Sounds like me Larry.....3yrs ago i was doing maint. for a landscaping co.
Now i'm intubating patients that cant breath , and starting intravenous fluids in thier viens.
If you knew me...that would scare ya !
Nah....i take my career very seriously, but i refuse to take it to the woods.Two different worlds......woods are my happy place!

Offline Larry247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »
I don't talk shop much any more. The woods are my home as well, and i get out as much as i can.  :campfire:

Offline Larry247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: August 07, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
Hey! I'm Mr.MOM now, and i'm ready for a break... I'm sending my wife back to school so I've got the babysitting job.   It's not too bad just aggravating at times.   But the rule is that my babysitting ends when hunting seaon comes in!   But then I have to take the boys hunting too so I may as well still be on duty.   Oh well, they grow up so fast this job won't last much longer.   School starts Aug. 28 this year & I'm counting down the days!!!  :pray:

Offline Larry247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: August 07, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »
Yeah Bernie thanks for that complament on tree. She's a good girl. She puts up with me and has been for 18yrs this sept. She's the one that needs a vacation...No, i sent here on a cruise 2yrs ago to Alaska, so she should be good for another 18 yrs.I stayed home and kept the boys...  :thumbsup:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
Wow, for that kind of "payola", a trip to Alaska - well, never mind - LOL

That was pretty eloquent "pathfinding", Tim, but the rules were reiterated just the other day (about pics) loud and clear, as I recall - LOL. I will send them to you. Justin is a good camp mate and I enjoyed his company also. A friend and hunting buddy is Back from Iraq this year (we missed last year) and we have been waiting to do this hunt, so forgive my absense, please. I'll be staying tuned though, and hopefully we'll all have worthwhile stories to relate. Oh, congrats to Steve on seeing the light, I saw he was eyeballing our bows pretty hungrily that AM already, before I left.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »
Wait - when I PM'd them to you, I see in the big Group photo, "those guys" were real considerate and didn't even break their bows out LOL:

(OK I found what I think is a suitable compromise - besides these crews need to be in Cartoons anyway - LOL.) First one is new and is Rog, Tim. Steve, ber643, and Justin kneeling.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline STOBBER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
There you have it everybody.........even after see'in the pics are ya sure ya wanna be there. We'd love to add onto this entorage....good guy's...all of 'em.
Bottom Row:L/R
Roger, Justin , Tim , Steve , and Bernie took the picture.
Top Row:L\\R
Jesse, Bobby , Zack , Garrison , Ricky.
Andy and Mike not in the shot.
The more i look at that pic...the more i wonder how no body lost an eye.....dem boy's is dangerous!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »
Oooops, I swear I didn't notice steve in that one untill just now - he is the one who's switched to trad but if the mods need to pull those pics I understand - it really was a mistake. I may pull'em myself tomorrow, as I sent them to Tim anyway. I was just so impressed with the guys not carrying their bows out of defference, I missed Steve's.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Larry247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »
I can't wait to be there this year...It sure looks like everbody's had fun in the past...and Tim's a great guy. Bernie, Teresa says hi!!  :wavey:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »
Hi right back to her, with one of my best smiles. Tell her my favorite "Cousin" (actually my Grandfather's step-daughter) and playmate all the while we were pre-high scool was a Theresa (same pronunciation) and is mentioned in my web site journals - where I talk about my Grandfathers, I think. She was a special person to me.

Oh, the guy with the long hair (a wig) on the far right is a nut - reminded me of Sam Elliott though, when he wasn't being a nut. He drove all the way from Raleigh with that fool wig on   :biglaugh:  .

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Larry247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »
:biglaugh:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2007, 06:53:00 AM »
OK - I think I got the previous (last two) pics acceptable - (as acceptable as we can be -   :D  ) Check it out!

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline STOBBER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »
I just contacted the refuge officer and it seems the status of  whether or not the gates would be open. It seems that they have a contract for road maint.and POSSIBLY some roads will be open. The work is to last 6-7 months.It stems from money's that were recieved from a grant concerning damage from hurricane Floyd.Typical fed. red tape.
It's really all up to the contractor....sooooo...be prepared to walk, just in case.

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »
Just don't get a ticket this year for collecting snakes on the wrong side of the road.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »
Ya git tuh see more sneaky snakes thet way -   :eek:    :D

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline STOBBER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
It's 103 here today...let's hope that stops by opener day.
Tim

Offline ncboman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »
Hey Tim,

remember me?  

I've come a little ways since last year ... here's the progression.   :)  

oopst

:D  

I plan on attending.
ncboman

Have Bow >>>-------> Will Travel

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »
Good on ya, Allen (it was Allen wasn't it? - Me and my "in and out" memory -   :rolleyes:    :D  )

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©