3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: predator hunting with a trad bow???  (Read 460 times)

Offline pintail_drake2004

• Trad Bowhunter
predator hunting with a trad bow???
« on: May 12, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »
Hey yall, i have hunted yotes for years with both gun and bow, but never with trad gear. With my compound i can hold pretty consistant groups at 40-50yds. But having never tried it with a trad bow i was wondering how consistant you could be? I am not talking about like one or 2 yotes per year with it, i mean at least 12 yotes in a year.
Pintail

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: predator hunting with a trad bow???
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »
I have only taken 1 coyote with a bow, period, because I haven't had many opportunities.  I took him with my old longbow.  Best shot I've ever made, at 12 yards.  Got a complete pass thru and he went 25-30 yards.  I was deer hunting from the ground at the time and he got careless, and I made a lucky shot.  I think it would be alot of work and dedication, and also dependant on your numbers where your hunting.
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline Ia Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »
I've been huting fox, coyotes, small game, ground hogs, etc. with a trad bow since the early 60's. (know compounds then.) It's not the bow. it's the hunter's skill. Now I admit,
 making a 50 yard shot with a loaded compound has got to be much easier then with a bare bow trad bow.But successfully hunting any game with a trad bow is MUCH more rewarding !!! Give it a try, you'll love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Big Dave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 06:16:00 PM »
Depends on how much you practice and how good you get with trad gear.If you can't shoot it good maybe no.But as far as being effective yes.  :D    :D    :D
Live today like you'll meet God tommorow (you might)

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
Calling yotes to the bow is a supreme challenge.

My hats off to anyone who has the fortitude to even try.

Offline 52 bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
I've called in 100's of coyotes with a rifle but only took 4 from the ground calling with my bow and another 14 from tree stands deer hunting ,sqeaking them up with my mouth.They are harder to draw on than a turkey and jump the string like a deer,my hat's off to anyone who does it consistently.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©