3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A Day at Denton Hill in Pictures  (Read 507 times)

Offline browndown

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A Day at Denton Hill in Pictures
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
This was my first year and hope to have many more. Great people Great time.
Live like you are dying, god will pardon you thats his line of work

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 05:15:00 AM »
Pa. is the most beautiful state when its this time of year but it turns pretty ugly in Feb. Some great Trout fishing down the road in the Pa. Grand Canyon.

Offline The Butcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 06:30:00 AM »
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.  I took my camera, and never snapped a shot. too busy walking around and shooting.  maybe next year
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean.  It's perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands.  It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.  -  John Wayne

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
Looks like quite the event.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »

Looking dowm from the Western.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
Hey I can see my Escape!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
What color and where?

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »
Again it was a great event. I enjoyed the Eagle Eye competition, both the kids and adults. The kids put on quite a show and the adult competition was quite a surprise, and a joy to experience.

For those of you who would like to hear details of the adult competition, I'll try to tell it accurately. There were about 25 qualifiers for the Eagle Eye charity event with several hundred spectators. It was a strong field with at least one former winner and at least 2 runner ups from former years. It was obvious from the start that it was going to require an exceptional archer to win the event. The contestants were made up of mostly young men in the 20 - 50 age group, a couple of us old guys, a couple of teenagers, and a young lady in her twenties.

After the first round most of us would be Robin Hooders were eliminated and only 4 young men and a young lady remained. After the second round only 2 young men and the young lady remained. After the third round only the young lady (Hope Gillette, 27 years old, and from upstate New York)remained, winning the Eagle Eye without ever missing the bullseye. I had watched her shoot the qualifer round earlier and she even hit that with the first shot.

I'm sure no one has kept up with it, but I'd bet that no one has ever before qualified and then won the Eagle Eye without missing at least once. When I was fortunate enough to win it 2 years ago, it took me 7 shoots to qualify, which means that I missed 6 times before I hit the bullseye.
Then I won by hitting 3 shots out of 4 which was one better then the next guy. That's probably pretty typical of past winners.

My hats off to you Hope Gillette. Not only did you out shoot us guys, but you did it with class.
Now, how about that dinner you promised all of us?
    :archer2:  

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
Thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to Hope!     :clapper:    :clapper:
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 03:17:00 AM »
Very nice I can feel the joy of all the partecipants.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »
I don't have any pictures...but our camp was right across from the last vendor tent.  Whip had gotten there on Monday to pick the spot so he'd be close to his booth.  We had quite a TG group...Whip & Irene, PV,4 runner & his son Adam, TJ & his wife Chrissy, Wapiti Mike, a family from Mass...Rob, Pam, Luke & Eli, plus myself.

Eli won the 12 year old Eagle Eye PLUS he qualified for the adult Eagle Eye...only to find out he couldn't shoot his carbons.  Eli is NO stranger to shooting with adults as he had just  won the kids & adult Worriers Competition shoot out at the Poke and Hope shoot in Maine.

Friday night our group along with Tom Phillips put on a Clam bake & Game dinner for about 25+ Trad Gangers.  Then  a small group of us shoot the Coon shoot course only to be drenched in a down pour.  Another great year at Denton...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 07:20:00 AM »
tippit is a guy that is always smileling!

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 08:03:00 AM »
The Friday night feed was a great time!  Thanks Tom for taking care of the bushel of clams.......we know that was quite a bit of work to keep them iced until Friday night!

It was certainly great to finally match faces with handles.  It was great meeting and enjoying the fine food with Tom, Jeff, Kenny, Rich, Jim, Bill, Mike, Gene, Whip and all the rest of you folks!  And the weather held up for us!  Can't ask for much more from Denton.....except for the weather to hold up the remainder of the time!

:campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 08:14:00 AM »
Eli and Evan were also great in their class. It's refreshing to see that kind of talent and enthusiasm with kids. Evan is from NC so I get to see him occasionally. This was the first time that I have seen Eli and I was impressed with his skill and confidence also. They both have a great future.  :archer2:

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
Never been to any kind of trad event, guess I'm missing out,   Keep the pictures coming.....

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
Thanks Lee for the photographs. I'm just grateful that you didn't show the target and where my arrow hit.  :archer2:    :deadhorse:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©