3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: All Muley  (Read 1090 times)

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: All Muley
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 08:42:00 PM »
Joe, That was such a awesome buck. I would like to read the thread again what was the title??

Great picks everyone  :thumbsup:  Very impressive deer Mark  :)  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »

December, 1995 in Idaho.

Offline stickhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
This guy showed up in the back yard just after rifle season, last year. saw him last week, same type of rack only looks to be bigger this year.

Offline helo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 01:03:00 AM »
Great thread steadman nice pictures by all !

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 08:02:00 AM »
Tracy, danged if I can remember what the title of that thread was  :knothead:   Just spent 20 minutes trying to find it and came up empty.    I'd like to go back and read it again myself.

I told you mule deer are tough!  Can't even find a thread about a hunt  :banghead:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline W. H. Bill Fuller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »
Great pics guys, I'll be lookin' for a good one up in the Bitterroots come September.
Bow shootin' 51 years & still counting.
MT Bowhunters Assoc. Life Member

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »
These threads are so cool...somebody post a "Whitetail Only" thread and we'll see Steve H with a FULL mane   :D

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
Somebody post a "seal only" thread and we won't see anybody BUT Steve H!   :laughing:

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »
I thought about "going Native" so I could arrow seals.....

Offline Muleyslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
Hey Ryan I'm leaving sept. 24 for my annual Wyo. trip, this will be my first all trad year, wish me luck I  may need it.  :pray:
"LUCK"
When preparation meets opportunity

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »
From Whip "I told you mule deer are tough! Can't even find a thread about a hunt"   :biglaugh:  

I will do some more looking tonight Joe and send you a link if I find it.  :)  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »
Here is my addition...same one that is in my avatar.

“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2010, 12:16:00 AM »
Found it for you Joe:

Joe\\'s Mule Deer Story  

I find the most interesting piece of the whole tread to be this quote:

"I have actually kicked my bow buying and selling addiction"    :biglaugh:

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Steve O:
A nice muley is my next quest.  Got 5points built up in CO and am looking at spots in WY, MT, and ID to start going every year.  Awesome photos--Thanks Ryan!
Alberta and Saskatchewan are well known for our large whitetails. Not as well known is that me have a large number of trophy mule deer as well. I have heard that someone arrowed a buck that may be as high as top 5 in P & Y this fall.

For example, I was looking at a picture of a 170 class buck a young fellow who works in Wholesale Sports in Saskatoon had shot. I noticed it was a 4X3 and when I mentioned it to him he said that he would not have taken the shot if he had been able to see that it was not a 4X4. Wouldn't you like to hunt in a place where someone would turn down a buck that scores 170. For another example I saw a nice 4x5 buck right on the edge of the small town where I live just yesterday. Had I realized that he was outside the town limits I would have sought permission from the landowner and put a stalk on him.

I still have 3 days to hunt in archery only season and I am hopeful that I will see him again.

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 11:31:00 PM »
Good luck Dave! Alberta muleys are a dream for me. I would love it. Hope to see pics in the next couple days!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »
Something about them that gets in your blood, I bumped my first mulie buck in Wyo last year trying to get close to a doe for a shot. Needless to say one encounter was all it took..I'm going to CO in search one next year! Hopefully I will start going every year.
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »
Yep,Big'uns in Canada.A couple years ago the son of a good friend of mine asked if I could set up his new bow and arrows for him I said sure.after it was all said and done he asked what do I owe you ?,I told him the Liver.Four weeks ago he shows up with the liver and pictures of his new Mulie,196" net!What a hog,I'll try to get pics.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »
TTT! Love seeing good mule deer. I'm torn every year if I should go to the pastures and chase mule deer or go to the creek and sit in a tree for whitetails. Lets see some more pics!!!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2013, 03:34:00 PM »
Well I said on the Antelope thread that goats were my favorite critter to stalk but these are a very close second. We are fortunate in MT to be able to hunt Mulies during their rut the last half of Nov. If you can hold out that long it just don't get much better than that.

Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »
Good luck you guys!! I didn't draw this year so I have to watch from the sidelines. Mule deer is my second favorite animal to hunt. I will be elk hunting though. They are my favorite. Gary

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©