3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Bear bows at Denton Hill  (Read 806 times)

Offline droptine59

• Trad Bowhunter
New Bear bows at Denton Hill
« on: July 26, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
I want to vomit!

In speaking with several of the reps in the booth, not a one was on the same page and when I addressed the quality of the bows vs. the bows of the 60’s & 70’s (material, shape, etc.) they advised  they are not a custom bow company and mass produce the bows via machinery. They also cited they cannot find a wood source. I stated  “gimmie a break” , I am a small time schmuck and I can find quality wood all day long and in volume. In speaking to several of them, they assumed the glazed over look as if they where staring right through me. In speaking to other collectors, they felt the same way. Bear just is NOT getting the picture. I felt insulted.

Offline kevin braun

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Bear bows at Denton Hill
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
the foundation and views of a company will often pass on with the founder of the company.  Fred's passing brought on new decision makers.  It's no longer about quality and tradition. it is only about $$$.  Look how much the values of the large national chain changed after Sam passed away.(remember the only made in USA view)is long gone.

Offline brinkwolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 05:05:00 PM »
Boy you got that right Kevin....

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
Large commercial operation not focused on this part of the business. Marketing is not telling them the right message. They are just doing their time.

You can't put that type of person in the "passion pit" that is ETAR. It's no wonder their eyes glazed over. They don't build bows, they sell them.

I did hear a few people saying this was new to have Bear onsite. They were happy to have it.

It sounds to me that they are trying to get back in the game. I think they are going to have a hard time.

BTW - I have a Bear Montana. It shoots fine and I didn't need the sales person from Bear to help me out. It was my first commerically made bow. I just ordered a Leon Stewart 3 pc TD Slammer. I can see his passion. NOT the same as the Bear Archery business.

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
I shot the new TD and I thought it was one hell of a fine bow.The fit and finish wasn't that bad either.I spent time talking to one rep there as well.It was good to see them there anyways.
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
The statement "I can't find a wood source." translates to -

"It is very difficult to find a wood source so that we can produce a bow for 40 bucks and sell it for $700."

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
bingo bill.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline the force

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
I just hope the new ones look half way as good as the old ones and shoot just as good
Hoyt Tiburon

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »
ESCALADE = Last nail in Bear Archery coffin
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline portugeejn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Not to be negative or anything, but why would I want to purchase a newly made Bear bow that will loose half its value by the time it gets to my house, when I could spend $1400 on some really nice Bear bows that will be worth that much or more in a few years.  I just don't imagine I will be purchasing any new Bear bows.  Just new to me Grayling bows.

RonP

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »
"I just hope the new ones look half way as good as the old ones and shoot just as good"

Sorry to dissapoint you the force but I saw the offerings and they don't measure up to the old stuff.  Not even close.  Didn't shoot any though, couldn't get past the looks and feel in the hand.

Same thing happened to Winchester rifles in 1964 and they've been wandering adrift in the desert for the last 46 years.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline the force

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
We need to    :pray:  that they take everyone that was theres advice
Hoyt Tiburon

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
A few months ago I emailed Bear Archery in resference to the new Supreme Takedown and their "Right hand available in: 45-60#. Left hand in 50-55# only." Asking why, since the limbs are interchangable, I can't order 60# limbs on a left handed takedown.  This is the response I received -   This is the response I received -  "In the past few years, our company has trimmed the traditional line of a lot of the left handed versions due to lack of demand."  

I replied, thanking them for the response, but went on to tell them that I own right and left hand Bear Takedowns, and ALL the limbs are interchangable.  Their 'customer care' rep didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about.  Just thought it was sad to see some employees of Bear Archery not having a working knowledge of their products.
Craig
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »
I say welcome and glad you came. However, you could get alot better bow  for alot less money in some of the other booths, and the guy who made the bow is standing there talking with you.
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Lots of sage advice / opinions voiced from Maryland to Nebraska. Thanks guys!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
Funny!

Offline COMPOUNDLESS IN CONCRETE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »
Look at Martin Archery, I bet when Gail Martin dies, the tradtional line will probably go as well.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh to the father except by me."  John 14:6

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
Man, if they would've only known who you were and that you had all these connections here. Have they even heard of tradgang? Someone pass the word to them so we can help them out.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
I picked one bow from the rack and was very disappointed to feel the same crappy grip. The shelf is almost an inch above the hand and the throat is way too narrow.

They really had a chance to start over but missed the mark by a long shot.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline the force

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »
Maybe theyll reedo some stuff before the new ones come out they still got a few months
Hoyt Tiburon

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©