3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: trad groups in NM?  (Read 512 times)

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
trad groups in NM?
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
I've been able to find one trad group in Silver City, NM, but that's all the way across the state from me...over by Arizona. Anyone know of others, especially in SE NM?  I'll look in west TX...there may be more there.
:campfire:       TGMM Family of the Bow       :archer:      

My Father's bow rack is the sky.

Offline firsted

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: trad groups in NM?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »
Hey, Andy, let me know what you find out.
Thanks,

Eddie Paulsgrove
*** Skysoldier - 1/509 ABN

--"You don't get old until your dreams are replaced by regrets"--

Offline JustinNC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
Wish I could help you guys out. My wife is from over that way in Clovis NM. Unfortunately the only guys I know out that way shoot wheelie bows.

Offline JustinNC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
Rio Rancho....isn't that where Sandia Crest is?

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »
Hi Eddie,

I'll sure let you know if I find a group. I'm surprised there's not one around you in the Albuquerque area. Do you know any of the bunch over at Silver City?  They're about 330 miles closer to you than they are to me.

Those wheelie/cam bows are waaay popular around here...as are 60-80 yard shots.  :rolleyes:

Offline firsted

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 03:26:00 PM »
Yeah Andy, we've got the Crest here - lots of animals on those slopes!  Quite a few trad archers here but I don't know of a trad club; doesn't mean there isn't one, though.  I didn't know about the Silver City club but I don't get down there much, anyway.  There's a decent 3-D range not too far away but would sure like to get together with some like-minded folks every so often.  Yeah, lots of 60-80 yd shooters here, too.
*** Skysoldier - 1/509 ABN

--"You don't get old until your dreams are replaced by regrets"--

Offline JustinNC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
Guy I went quail hunting with in Clovis/Ft Sumner swore he practiced at 100yds "to make those 75 yard shots seem like a chip shot". Give me a break.

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
I've actually seen guys that can group 5 arrows in 4-5" at 100 yards...but we'd best be careful, 'cuz talking about those kind of bows is a no no here!  "[dntthnk]"    A 75 yard shot with an arrow, even if started over 300 fps, is IMO, showing an immense amount of disrespect for the game being pursued. One step and a gut shot can occur. A miss would be better!

Offline JustinNC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 10:04:00 PM »
ooops I forgot. Please delete my posts if I broke the rules. Sorry moderators. But in that respect, you're right Andy...with ANY bow...thats way too much distance for anything not propelled by powder to travel, giving the animal too much time to move.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 12:01:00 AM »
Andy this may be a ways for you to go but the SCBA is having a traditional 3d shoot August 14th and 15th.    Shoot info
And here is the SCBA's web page.    SCBA
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline scedvm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 12:49:00 AM »
Benbow,
I looked at the website but couldn't find much info for the trad shoot.  Sounds fun I'm in Los Lunas and would like to go.  Is it a good shoot to bring the family and campout?  I will try to call the contact numbers and ask them also.  Thanks....Shawn

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
Shawn I went last year and it was a lot of fun. They do have camping there and the targets are setup in ways that kids can handle. They don't have much on their site for sure. Hope to see you there.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
Thanks for the info. I won't be able to go this year, but can keep it in mind for next year!

Offline J. Adams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »
Hi Andy.
No clubs up here (that I know of) in the northeast part of NM, but if you ever venture up to Colfax County, I'll fling some arrows with you.

Josh   :archer2:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©