3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ran into Stickshooter & Shell  (Read 726 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Ran into Stickshooter & Shell
« on: May 12, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
Went to the Big Foot Archers shoot in Lake Geneva today and spent some time with Frank and Shell, as well as a bunch of other TGrs and WTA members.  They run a great shoot down there with a wonderful facility, but mostly the nicest people around anywhere.

Although Frank makes some really nice knives in his own right, they were both especially proud to show off their personal knives received from Tippit.  I sure wish I would have had mine along with me - we could have had a meeting of the first ever Tippit knife convention!

PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ran into Stickshooter & Shell
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
Great pic whip,,Great folks for sure,, God bless,,JB.
TGMM

Offline Bucksnort101

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
Sounds like a great time. Someday I may have to join the Tippet Knife Reunion organization;)

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
Whip,

Good thing you didn't have your knife, the sheath would have been embarrassed to show it's face in THEIR presence.  LOL!!!

Did you know I will soon have a Tippit Treasure of my own????  YEHAW!!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
No Brian, I LOVE my sheath! Sure, Shell does some amazing work, but yours is nothing to sneeze at either   :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
You have ALL the FUN  :clapper:

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
well...how cool is that?   :bigsmyl:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »
WHIP DANG GUMMIT! You was suppose to show us them pics first! Had a great time with you and the guy standing behind us BOB T and BILLW and of course Dale Moore.. it was nice meeting you and chewing the fat. Also nice spending some time with the TerMaats as well had a blast. As for the tippit knives club sounds great. How much are the DUES?LOL<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »
Looks like a great time was had.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
Dues are the same price as the knives   :bigsmyl:

That is except for Whip but his dues went to the Kids at last years St Judes Auction.  I wish I could have been there...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »
Thanks guys!
We had such a wonderful time today, it was so nice to meet up with alot of friends and great to talk "shop" with Bob T. (you are a blast Bob and superb conversation)         :)         as it was to talk with everyone else.

Whip is such a super person and were conversing about the Texas hunt and how fun it was and our tippit works of art (but Joe, you did'nt bring yours)         :readit:        

It was a beautiful day for the weather and was nice to just get away and enjoy ourselves. I got a chance to shoot one of my lighter weight bows today and felt real good, very stress relieving is'nt it? Loved to be able to pose with my sweetness of a tippit knife, although it is hard to see. And honored to be in the club          ;)        

Jeff we missed you bad today & the only thing better than one of your knives is if you could have been able to be there in person so we could enjoy your company with us         :)        ...
I had to showcase your knives and everyone went bonkers for them, everyone including all the knife makers in attendance complimented how fine they are   :wavey:        
And also enjoy your posts very much.

Vance, We would love to meet up with you, maybe somewhere in between?          :wavey:        

Thanks for letting us share, looking forward to more shoots this summer.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 11:13:00 PM »
I figure my dues for last years auction knife were a bargin.  I can pretty much guarantee this years knife is going to have the price, er, dues, run up on it!  :readit:  

I had just a great day there too.  Shooting bows is always fun, but just like hunting camp, it's the camaraderie hanging around afterwards that makes these things worth driving to.

Shell, I've been working on Vance to try to get him to swing through WI next fall on his way to Georgia.  Maybe we can talk him into a small paw shaking and hug fest on his way through?  :campfire:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2007, 11:44:00 PM »
Thanks for bringin us along, Whip. Looks like we had us a good ole time!!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »
:thumbsup:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline INstickbowguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »
A pair of class A folks here..... good picture also

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »
Vance,  
We might just have to do a cross country road show like Dawg & Jerry (Old & In The Grey) just to meet all these fine folk!  Septin I can't sing or play the mandolin    :scared:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline smiley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »
Sounds like you all had a great time. I should have been there but I had a turkey tag to fill
Wayne A Hoffman

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
Ya all do know we have a BIG back yard! And just for the record Shell had a awesome day and I think with all the fun she misspoke(is that a word). When she said HER lightweight bow. It's my bow with the lightweight limbs on it  :readit:  . I being the fantastic husband that I am  :saywhat:  LOL Her bow will be here soon. But really we both had a great time and would love meeting all out TG family. BTW Shell can shoot my bows anytime she wants.., After all we are BEST FRIENDS!<>< <><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »
Man, it would be great to get a bunch of you people out to our part of the country!  How about Compton's next month?  :readit:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »
Frank and Shell are great people and I hope to meet up with them and some of the other gangers someday. I'll bet you guys had a blast.

Donald
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©